TKD Owns

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NaughtyKnight, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

But wasn't the karate guy totally dominating him until he stupidly let himself get kicked in the head by a guy who took a run up first?

I'd say he lost through his own idiocy rather than the other guy being any better (just maybe a bit smarter!)

2. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

If MAP world happens and you prove me wrong and out drink me I will give you £30 (lots to you ausies). Think you have more chance of the kick working than out drinking me.

What you weigh 40 lgs soaking wet? :D

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Im 6ft 2 and 176lbs.

We will have to see mate. I'll bring some Carlton Draft and Toheys New. You can supply the English booze.

4. Sonshu

Sounds good as Ausie beer is like a beach.

Bloody close to water! - LOL.

Me I am 5'10 and 205 lbs

5. NaughtyKnight

Woah, be careful, Badger takes his Aus beer very seriously. ;)

Good, your shorter than me, easily fit under the table. :Angel: :D

6. Sonshu

Nice to see you uphold the archtype TKD - Tall & streaky

Bet your like the usual Ausie type as well - cant drink and cant fight (Your Russel Crow really right?) Joke :Angel:

7. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

damn, you are a tall ******* KC!!!! 6'2!! I'm only 5'8 and 175!! you suck but i think this is a good height for me. if i was any taller, i'd be at war with my legs.

if i was any shorter, i'd have a problem grappling.

8. Sonshu

If you were any shorter you would have a problem with curbs! LOL :D

9. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Don't worry about it tekkengod i'm the same height as you and weigh 161 lbs so you've got a stone in weight on me there! ;)
    Taliar is a bit of a giant at about 6'4" and 225 lbs (i'm guessing) I know i'm drifting off topic a bit but i wonder what other MAPers are in height and weight.I might put a poll up just to see. :D

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

:eek: I doubt it, i'm only 10 % body fat, Pure muscle. I love my curves.

11. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

YES!!! i weigh more than you do *stick out toung and points* just kidding.

a poll is a good idea. Taliar is HUGE!!!

12. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

I'm 5' 11" at about 185 pounds. When I started this semester, I had very little fat on me, now ... :cry:

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

unfortunately that is what happens during heavy studying and lots of school work. :cry:
    you can work it off, just don't eat for about a week! :eek: j/k
    i only recommend that to the severly overweight.

14. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

Dude in his online diary at http://www.genkisudo.com/en/diary/index.html on the 7/10/2003 entry he says,
    Then on the 6/4/2003 entry he says,
    That means he's been doing it for about 2 years if he was a white belt when he wrote that, so I imagine he is pretty good at it by now.

15. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

Im the opposite, 6'2" and 224.5 (was bored so I weighed myself during Chuck vs Randy 2 :D ). About mid-winter I was nearly 240 and I'm starting to cut the extra weight. yay!

16. NaughtyKnight

Prob good that im English then aye.

What are you talking about? Didnt you see Crow on gladiator, he PWNED!! God I love that movie. :love:

17. KAF

KAF Banned Banned

Taekwondo owns, but Hapkido ownes more :cool:
    (In my oppinion only, please don't be angry)

Also, the movies "Gladiator", "The Last Samurai" and "The Alamo" make me cry for reasons I don't understand. Not like bawling, just a little watery-eyed.
    (random fact amout me :rolleyes: )

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  18. NaughtyKnight

Your not allowed to cry during Gladiator, its way too much of a man movie for that.

I will admitt though, when i've had a few too many, and i'm watching it, the sheer brilliance of the movie brings a tear to my eye. :cry: :D

19. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

The hero loses or dies in all three. ;)

20. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Hmmm, I guess I do not fit into the 'streaky' part of the 'archetype TKD'. I am 6'1" and 212lbs. Fast for my size, but not as fast as some smaller guys...I guess that is to be expected.

So, right from the Kukkiwons WTF site (http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/eng/tkskill/kibon_da1.asp?div=3), you see where they show that low leg strikes, knees to the body and head are all part of the WTF TKD curriculum.
    Also some foot stomping here: http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/eng/tkskill/kibon_bal1.asp?div=3

Just thought it was interesting.