TKD Owns

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NaughtyKnight, Apr 8, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I have already posted this link, but I wanted a broader audience to see it.

There is alot of crap on these forums about "how crap TKD is, it would never work on the street or in a mma comp, Muay Thai and MMA are the only arts that matter blah blah."

Well here is a large (50mb) vid showing what happens when TKD enters a MMA contest and the fighter isnt from a Mc Dojang.

http://www.tkd.risp.pl/Juras_HL_Extreme.wmv

Enjoy.

2. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

i can't see your video but you and i are in the same boat since " the karate kid" was released people think karate is "wax on wax off" stuff that doesn't work. and MT and MMA are better than karate or TKD.

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

thats not true- kyokushin is pretty widely respected. theres a few good k-1 fighters who have a background in kyokushin or seido.

4. NaughtyKnight

Its annoying isnt it. Everyone around here respects TKD, I didnt even know people thought it was crap until I came on here. My Korean mates would be itching to prove themselves if I told them. :D

5. Slavist

Slavist New Member

wow, that was amazing. Now I have a goal in my MA life :D

6. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Talk about an attacking fighter :eek:

7. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, you are exactly contradictoring urself, MMA sport even isn't exactly street fight. I mean those silly strait punches without stance and highkicks to the head... give me a break

8. davethekodiak

davethekodiak Valued Member

i have no experience in TKD. but i have seen it in the street, and its pretty brutal when used right. it all depends on the fighter, not the style. i think what discredits TKD is the 5 year old black belts running around. to the average guy with no MA experience, image is everything.

9. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

I hate all that "such and such MA is useless in a real fight".

Fine, some systems have holes in them. But unless those holes are in fundamentals like punching and kicking or footwork, watch out. Maybe it is comparatively difficult to pull one of those power kicks off on da str33t, but you sure as heck wouldn't want to be in the way if it did happen.

10. NaughtyKnight

Exactly right. Thats the problem with TKD, its become too commerical. Many schools are giving up teaching ma and have become a day care centre for spoils kids.

11. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

The problem on MAP isn't that there are MMA trolls, it's that we react to them as if they're right (I'm guilty of this as much as anyone). In any thread on "General Discussion" certain people will appear and say "Ha! That would never work because it's not MMA and hasn't been seen in Ultimate Fighting Championship" and we automatically start debating with them. It's pointless. They have their opinions and we have ours but we act like their trolling has some inherent value - like their self-aggrandising talk means anything. We all think our martial art is the best or we wouldn't do it. It's as simple as that.

12. NaughtyKnight

LOl nice. :D

13. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

of course its all about fighters themselvs. I didn't say anything about tkd i said if that guy used those moves on video in street fight , god help him.

14. NaughtyKnight

Its a mma competition, not a streetfight. What people use in the ring, and what people use in the street are two different things.

15. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

I'm not bashing, but I didn't find that video very impressive. I'm sure there must be something better out there to demonstrate the effectiveness of TKD.

16. NaughtyKnight

Err, I think coming into one of your competitions, using your rules, and winning is a pretty good show of how effective TKD can be.

17. d33pthought

d33pthought New Member

yay for cable! 410Kb/sec transfer speed!

I'm loving that soundtrack :D

That bald guy likes jumping and punching alot. His opponents might put up a better defense if they didn't retreat straight back out of the ring.

He's definitely mopping the floor with a few of those guys, though.

18. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

I think all the keyboard warriors need a few minutes in the ring with that guy.

19. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

he really needs to work on his punches though. his opponents in the ring were pretty sucky, and the tkd fights were kind of embarassing to watch :D

20. Swoop

Swoop Valued Member

Not really. I didn't see him display anything special and won't be expecting to see him in a big show anytime soon. I'm not saying TKD is no good, I'm just saying I didn't think that particular guy was someone to get excited about.