Tkd itf Tul - toy ge meaning

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by magdakar, Nov 7, 2014.

1. magdakar

magdakar New Member

Hi everyone, i am so glad for my registration, i want to ask something about toy ge tul, I pass the exams and i have red belt now.. Not bad.
    So what means 13- 18 movement? i dont mean attack or defense. But the purpose or something else relative with army or something....

thanks in advance....

2. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

In the Chang Hon system they are "W Shape Block with the outer forearm" (Note - Singular forearm) In other systems the term "Mountain Block " Is used since the Calligraphy pictograph resembling a "W" is the symbol for mountain . It is the only time in the system 6 of the same technique in a row are done.

In the Textbook application. Only the forearm that is on the same side as the stepping foot is designated for blocking in this system. The other side is for balance and equilibrium. The stamping motion is only to facilitate power accentuating the hip twist.

Although a low utility motion in the textbook form there are numerous alternate application afficianados that easily morph it into other uses such as a major outer reaping throw with the stamping motion synbolizing the reap.