TKD Check In

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. fonzerelli_79

fonzerelli_79 Valued Member

Trained since 2000 in UKTA/ITF. Not trained in 18 months due to a neck injury and was out for a year around 15 months prior to that due to snapping my calf muscle in Thailand doing Muay Thai.

Living in Colombia at the moment. Last month I started again at a WTF club three times a week. My club in the UK was very successful at tournaments and several members of the club were in the Scotland team. The club I'm at just now is the complete opposite - no patterns, no sparring etc. I must admit their standard of kicks is pretty good for their experience though I'm still amazed at them never throwing punches. Despite this, I'm really enjoying being back training. :)

2. -MartialArtist-

-MartialArtist- New Member

I did ITA TKD when i was 10 years old to 16 years old, now i have just started ITF after 11 years :) I'm from England.

3. CriticalDog

CriticalDog Valued Member

I did a year of WTF TKD in Sacramento CA about 6 years ago, and am now taking WTF TKD through my local YMCA (started back at White Belt as it appears the old school wasn't actually a Kukkiwon member).

This is after 5-6 years of Kuk Sool in my early 20's.

4. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

545. Tetsujin 3rd Dan WTF..PTA..:hat:

5. kickandpunch

kickandpunch New Member

kickandpunch - IL, USA - WTF

6. imchuckdavid

imchuckdavid New Member

ChuckDavid - ITF , california

7. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

Razgriz- NE Scotland/UK (ITF)

8. Kishi

Kishi Valued Member

Kishi - London, UK (WTF)

9. Marcy Shoberg

Marcy Shoberg Valued Member

Marcy Shoberg New Mexico, USA 29 years my instructor taught something between ITF & WTF, but I now teach WTF

10. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet New Member

Hi all,

I'm Ben Wood, I'm from London, England, Great Britain and I am a 2nd Kup Red Belt in ITF TaeKwon-Do.

I started my training in 1994 with Mr Edmund Chow IV degree. I never really liked grading until I felt I was of adequate skill to hold the belt I was going for so i took my time. In 1998, I joined the Royal Marines Commando's and shortly after Mr Chow started training Angelina Jolie for the first Tomb Raider Movie and then his career kicked off in the movie industry. I left a 3rd Kup Red Tag.

I rejoined Meopham class in 2002 once I left the military, i studied for maybe 3 months before I left and wasn't really focused at that time.

I rejoined again in 2011 with Mr David Norris IV degree and Mr Paul Harwood IV degree of the UKTA under First Grandmaster Rhee Ki Ha and am very happy there. and after around 16 years of not progressing a grade, i finally got my red belt.

I really enjoy Taekwon-Do (The art, but not the politics!) and my dream is to reach black belt, complete instructors courses and start teaching my own class.

Thank you

Ben

11. Benny the Jet

Benny the Jet New Member

Oh

Benjamin Wood, UKTA ITF TKD, London, England

12. ohiograssman

ohiograssman New Member

im 25 and have been at an unaffiliated tkd school for almost a year now. our school used to be part of USNTF, but our instructor decided to leave the organization. im green belt 6th gup. ive gotten double graded, and have been learning at an extremely fast pace. its hard for advanced students to keep up with me. sometimes i think i should be staying at a belt level for longer till i have all the movements on a subconscious level, but my instructor says at my level i need to keep moving.. any thoughts? feel free to give opinions on the matter, just wondering what other ppl thought.

13. hteam5

hteam5 New Member

Holland Mi, U.S.A WTF and ITF

14. JKN-Pellegrini

JKN-Pellegrini Valued Member

Hello,
    I recently joined MAP and thought I'd check in. It's been a while since I practiced TKD, but got up to 2nd Dan in the WTF class back in Kansas University under master Michael Ur.
    Good times.

15. panderso

panderso Valued Member

London, UK, WTF.

16. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Its great to see all these TKD practitioners post, love to see where your all from.

17. *Dusty*

*Dusty* New Member

Northern Ireland, WTF 2nd Dan.

Hello everyone :)

18. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Hi Dusty, welcome to MAP.

19. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Currently training in ITF TKD - white belt. i'll edit as i rank up. like a diary i suppose.

20. Puni

Puni New Member

ITF, Kukkiwon history