TKD Check In

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. JohnC4S

JohnC4S New Member

I am John and a new member here. I obtained 1 Dan in 1989 from GM Yong Kim in Rosemead CA when I was 21 but stop training shortly after that due to graduate school. Now I am back to TKD with my children and loving it. Thankfully I had solid training from GM Kim and the only thing missing is flexibility. Trying to do saddle split again at 44 is going to be interesting. My goal is achieving 3 Dan before I get too old.

John

2. 73scout2

73scout2 New Member

NW Alabama. Started about a year ago with the kids. Throughly enjoying it. I'm 33. One of my sons is autistic and one of his doctors recommended TKD.

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP! I hope you and your son gain a lot from your training :)

Mitch

4. Kyosa79

Kyosa79 New Member

Hi!

Im from Norway, 32 years of age.
    Startet training Taekwondo in 1994 with my brother, dad and uncle.
    Got 3rd dan blackbelt today, training for the 4th this days :)

5. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Welcome to MAP :)

What style are you?

Maybe you could swing by the Introductions forum and post up there too :)

Mitch

6. Kyosa79

Kyosa79 New Member

Ive been doing WTF all my years.
    But also been training the ITF hyongs, not only poomse.
    The club just became members of the Taekwondo International federation.
    (no, not ITF ;) )

I will swing by the introductions forum too :)

7. asphalt666

asphalt666 Valued Member

Hi, just signing in. i had my ITF TKD green belt with blue stripe back in the nineties and i quit after that. 10 years later i got back to TKD, a WTF dojang this time and i'm now Blue belt. I recently started Hoshinkido Hapkido to try and complete my martial art training (in addition to my TKD twice a week). I'm pretty interested in Haidong Gumdo too but no dojang offer this training around here unfortunately....

8. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Hi, John here, Im a 5th Dan in WTF TKD, recently jioned the BTCB after a long time as an independant. Now have my first club opening in 2 weeks and things are great. God I love this .. 26 years to date and counting in the art.

New club opening in South Yorkshire.

9. TaekwonTiger

TaekwonTiger Valued Member

Hi all,

I live in Scotland and practice WTF style TKD, hopefully grading for green tags in a few weeks :D

10. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Good Luck TaekwonTIger. Starts to get interesting from the 7th kup onwards.

11. andyjeffries

andyjeffries Valued Member

What a strange coincidence! I'm a Kukkiwon 5th Dan, likely to be just leaving the BTCB after a long time as a member to become an independent, my club opened a few months ago and things are great (and I have 25 years to date) :)

Spooky Stoppy!

12. Yayoushiko

Yayoushiko New Member

Dillon - Ata,Alabama

13. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

14. joe schmoe

joe schmoe New Member

Been training 3 years in Mang Ho Kwan style TKD in East TN

15. Eck2x

Eck2x New Member

Hello all

Good evening all,

I started in ITF TKD in 1999 with the UKTF (under Master Sutherland), in 2004 I sat my First Dan exam with the UKTC (under Master Harkess). After joining the Royal Navy and a short gap in training, I joined the UKTA under FGM Rhee (Founder of the UKTA) and GM Cutler (President).

I don't have a great deal of time for the politics or what's on your dobok, I just wanna train.

TaeKwon!

16. tomjonsilver

tomjonsilver New Member

London/United Kingdom (BTCB) - WTF

17. SimsTKD

SimsTKD Valued Member

Hi, been studying martial arts for 16 years, ITF TKD for 14 years this year. Been running my own Academy in Derby UK for 3 years now.

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Dunno whether I ever checked in here?
    Did TKD many years ago with the TAGB (just dug out some old trophies including a first at the British at some point in the 90's! go me!).
    Went on TKD hiatus for about 13 years and now back into it again with an independent guy (although ex TAGB and ex GTI).

19. snewchybewchy

snewchybewchy Valued Member

hi i train in gtf style taekwondo i am a green belt blue stripe and i have high hopes with my taekwondo skills in the future such as proffesional competitions.

my instructor is stephen gell 5 degree black belt and 5 time world gtf sparring champion

20. Alexßaruberu

Alexßaruberu New Member

Reno, Nevada. 4 years. WTF.