TKD Check In

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Murdog

Murdog Valued Member

Darkfalcon, are you up by South Bend? I've played quite a bit of music around there in the late 90's.

2. Darkfalcon

Darkfalcon The Falcon... who is dark

Not too far from there. you familiar with La Porte?

3. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

just came across this thread. this site is interesting in how the sub-community style focuses are formatted.

i started out in Caribbean WTF

first tour in Korea- Choe Sung Kyu TKD WTF

2nd tour and current training- Warrior TKD WTF oh do kwan lineage. Warrior TKD is one of the styles that the Korean military trains and American troops

4. Mr Lowe

Mr Lowe New Member

Choe Sung Kyu WTF TKD, Warrior TKD WTF?

oh do kwan lineage?

Do you have any documentation on these styles? The only thing google pulls up isn't pretty.

5. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

Hi,

Choe Sung Kyu TKD is taught by Grandmaster Choe a member of the Kukkiwon board at Camp Humphreys Army Base in South Korea at the Foriegner's Gymnasium. he doesnt have a website. i was not in 2nd infantry on my first tour

i was assigned to a regular quartermaster unit and trained there.

Warrior TKD is the TKD program that 2nd infantry division soldiers and some components of the ROK army train. i got assigned to 2nd ID my second tour an this is my current tkd training. Warrior TKD can be traced back to the senior GMs'

beginnings with oh do kwan-chun do kwan-tang soo do before falling under the tkd banner

a family of Kims are the brainstormers behind warrior tkd and its special assignment tkd team

Black Belt Magazine interviews GM Kim-Mun Ok and Gen. Odum about Warrior TKD

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/archives/139?print=1

tkd team:
    http://www.army.mil/-news/2007/04/16/2670-2id-boasts-award-winning-tkd-team/

interview by local news network
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMg-cccDKcM&feature=related"]YouTube- Soldier Returns to TKD[/ame]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

7. RagingDelirium

RagingDelirium Valued Member

@^ feel free to add me

8. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

i must have missed the log in:eek:

Kamau Btcb/wtf England

9. wtkdh

wtkdh Valued Member

Hiya

I'm Charlotte. I run tkd hawks. I'm a 5th degree BB and certified instructor.

10. Tetsujin

Tetsujin Valued Member

11. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

Hello, I do WTF out of PA, Usa.

12. BurningB

BurningB Valued Member

I' ve been practicing ITF style TKD for six years now. U.S.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  13. oldyonkyu

oldyonkyu Valued Member

Former student of Moo Duk Kwan TKD, if that counts.

14. TaeAno

TaeAno Certified Ninja

Jan
    Chicago, IL - WTF TKD

15. hkdstl

hkdstl Banned Banned

WTF Taekwondo. I am a member of Chang Moo Kwan as well as the USNTF.

16. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Hi there,
    I'm a former Shotokan student who switched to an independent 'traditional style' TKD school in Vienna, Aut.
    Have been practicing for about 20 months, 4 to 6 times a week.
    Love it.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  17. TaeKwonDo-Kiid

TaeKwonDo-Kiid Valued Member

Hello, i'm currently studying TKD but looking to move schools/organisation does anyone know of any good schools in the Aldershot area ?

18. FiReSTaRT

FiReSTaRT Caffeine Junkie

Hi, new member TKD, practitioner checking in. I got up to my 3rd Gup with JPTKD between 1994 and 1998, training on average 4-5 days a week, so even if Saseong Jong Park Soo doesn't ring a bell, you know it's not a McDojang. Recently, I got back into it with Saseong Parris (I knew from when I trained under Saseong Park and his school is much more convenient to get to from my part of the GTA), who is a great teacher and employs very good and experienced Sabums, who train us in every aspect of the art, while still maintaining a focus on practical applications. While I progressed between 3rd and 2nd Gups relatively quickly (about 6 months of training), that also involved a lot of practice and cramming outside of the dojang. The cramming was insufficient by my standards, so I will have to study even harder before I can even consider moving down to the 1st Gup. At least I'm aware of a few questions that will shape my studies in the future :D

19. RagingDelirium

RagingDelirium Valued Member

20. Algavinn

Algavinn Valued Member

Algavinn-

WTF style TKD in Beaverton, Oregon, under Grand Master Hung Choi.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010