TKD Check In

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

:eek:

Aww c'mon :(

Let us into some info? Maybe a web page or seminar we could attend?

2. Helm

Helm New Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

3. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

Errr I have to agree here ..... I've been doing ITF TKD since 196 and my first lesson we were taught the reason ITF TKD is so powerful is because we use these things,

Sounds like a McDojang.... sorry but I love that phrase :D

4. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

Mel, I do tricks (well ...... not lately), but here's another good website for you to look into :D Helm :p

Martial Arts Trickz: http://www.bilang.com/

5. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Just wanted to say welcome to all of the new TKD members to this site. Ive been out for a while but i hope to see you all around.

6. whitematt

whitematt Valued Member

This is a bit late, but I did just get here.

I'm in central Iowa and have been involved in TKD since 1984. I started with a WTF organization and trained under (now) Grandmaster Woo Jin Jung.

After a brief sabbatical from structured training, I returned to TKD. I am currently involved with the ATA (American Taekwondo Association) and train Songahm TKD. I am currently ranked as a 2nd dan, and will test for my 3rd dan at the end of February 2003. (Not that belts matter as much as hard work.)

Matt White

7. whitematt

whitematt Valued Member

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

:) well, I've been "away" for a bit, but I do plan on frequenting this forum more often.

Since I last posted here (1st page) I had 13 lessons to go for 2nd dan. Well, I did test this past September and now I am 2nd dan TKD (Chung Do Kwan-style) and our school, as I may have mentioned to chazz when I first joined here, is a member of ITU. (although they haven't listed us on their site yet!!! :confused: :rolleyes: )

Anyway I see some familiar faces and I hope to bring some more TKD people (& others to this forum!)

9. darlph

darlph New Member

Congrats and welcome back!

10. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

Hiya Deb. Welcome back ;)

11. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Well done SahBumNihmDeb!

We would be happy to see more members and look forward to hearing how your actual Dan grading got on. Perhaps a short write up?

12. Chazz

Yes, Welcome back Deb. Im glad to hear of the testing. Also glad to see another ITU member in here. I hope Master Merritt Gets you all on the site soon. Email them to ask about it.

13. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Thanks for the welcome!
    ... and the congrats!

The testing went very well considering I had to learn 2 additional forms in order to meet the (ITU) requirements for 2nd dan. We had just joined a month prior to my testing. So I had about 5 weeks to learn Gae-Bek and Po-Eun along with Kwang Gae.

I also did my breaking requirements which were 2 speed break techniques (kick /punch) ... I did roundhouse and hook punch.

As of last night only 260 more lessons until 3rd dan .... :eek:

14. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

congrats for 2nd Dan kickchick...
    -TkdWarrior-

15. Chazz

WOW Sounds Great. I hope that i will be able to test soon.

16. Kid Dragon

Kid Dragon New Member

I Take TKD I am a blue belt.

Safy:Angel:

17. Chazz

well then tell us about it. (Where at, ITF or WTF Forms etc)

18. Kid Dragon

Kid Dragon New Member

I am new and I don't know what you mean about ITF and WTF.
    But I am in Westerville Ohio.It is called Ernie Rayes Karate.But when we go there they teach us Tea kwon doe.

19. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

ITF= Internataional Taekwon-Do Federation(which me belongs to)
    WTF= World Taekwon-Do Federation
    others notably
    muk do kwan, oh do kwan, etc(phew i m forgetting names)
    -TkdWarrior-

20. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I can help!
    Chung Do Kwan, Moo Duk Kwan, Yun Moo Kwan, Chang Moo Kwan, and Chi Do Kwan (the originals), Ji Do Kwan, Song Moo Kwan, and Oh Do Kwan (founded in the 50's).
    Also... the American Taekwondo Association which is a smaller organization similar in some ways to the ITF.