TKD Check In

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Welcome you both. Its nice to see more TKD people on here. We hope you have fun and are able to post a lot.

2. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger New Member

I wrote this somewhere else but I do ITF in New Zealand. I've done a bit of Rhee Tae Kwon Do before this but it was a bit of a McDojo.

3. Chazz

"I wrote this somewhere else but I do ITF in New Zealand. I've done a bit of Rhee Tae Kwon Do before this but it was a bit of a McDojo."

Jhoon Rhee????

4. Chazz

Ahhh i c
    Sounds like a money hungary club. SHHOOOOO Why cant we get rid of clubs like that!!!!! :p

5. HKD

HKD New Member

hi im a 3rd dan in TKD WTF, WTF style is a joke unless all U want to do is spar that is. it's nothing but sport in 99% of the schools U go 2 B cuz that's were the money is. and a street fight isn't a sporting thing, sorry. most WTF TKD people couldn't beat a strong 3 year old in a street fight :O) and don't get me started on certification. hapkido and jeet kund do is the way to go.

HKD

6. HKD

HKD New Member

i just saw this last post. i have met and trained with Master Rhee....he's a *******. He is everything U don't want to B as a person and a martial artist. How he has such a great rep. is beyond me. But i can C haw TKD instructors think he's so great the one's that R just after money that is. Bruce Lee tried to get him in the movies but he's ugly no one wanted him in there film :O)
    HKD
    telling it like it is

7. HKD

HKD New Member

i was talking about Jhoon Rhee. i don't want to upset any other Rhee's out there.

HKD

8. Sabaki

Sabaki New Member

hi I'm from New Zealand. I'm new to the forum.

I've been doing ITF Taekwon-Do for about two years now and have my 1st dan. I've competed in both WTF and ITF.

I've been doing Karate and Kickboxing for quite a bit longer.

9. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Hiya Sabaki

Welcome to our little forum :D Chazz will be pleased that theres more TKD people :)

Just wondering what karate style you are doing now?

10. Sabaki

Sabaki New Member

Thanks Melanie.

I'm doing a style very similar to Ashihara Karate (which I did previously). If you are not familiar with the Ashihara style we have our roots in Kyokushinkai - if that helps. Our style is called Seishin-Ryu.

I assume you do Shotokan? Judging by the tiger beneath your name. How long have you been training?

11. Artful Dodger

Artful Dodger New Member

Welcome!
    Where abouts in NZ do you train? And are you still doing ITF?

12. Chazz

Sabaki
    Welcome to the TKD section of the forum. Please post as often as you can not only in here but all over the board.

"Welcome to our little forum Chazz will be pleased that theres more TKD people "

WOOO HOOOO More of us!!!

13. Sabaki

Sabaki New Member

Thanks Chazz

14. Chazz

Anytime if i can ever help or answer a question please let me know and if i can i'll ask a "friend" on here and we'll help you out.
    We are all friends on here!

15. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

well i do ITF TKD from last 3 yrs...i luv this art...even ppl BS about it.
    and somebody mentioned no sine wave n hip twist in ITF TKD?
    mind telling me about it... as we do lot of these in my dojang...

16. Chazz

Welcome to the site TKDWarrior. Hope you have fun posting

17. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

thnx chazz ... i m havin real fun... yup u'll see soon how?? ;)
    -TkdWarrior-

18. Helm

Helm New Member

Hi =)
    Im a 1st dan black belt in WTF Taekwondo, i train in Plymouth, Devon..
    I'm also into "Trickz", expanding my Taekwondo skills into gymnastics, me+some friends from Mo's Taekwondo practise our secret art of "Flipage".
    You can visit our (currently down) website at www.flipage.co.uk

19. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Welcome Helm :)

I would love to know more about the "Trickz" when you get more time?

Hope you enjoy the forum :)

20. Helm

Helm New Member

I could tell you more about flipage, but then id have to kill you. sorry =/