TKD belts for MAP signature

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Twimyo Jirugi, Jun 2, 2004.

1. iketheman

iketheman New Member

2. iketheman

iketheman New Member

iketheman

hey i know i started at 37 and now have my 2nd dan so never give up we may take longer to recover and take longer to learn our patterns but us old guys can keep up with the young guys ,cos we use our brains more when we spar and box clever so well done guys all the best in life and training . http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/Immemorial/2nd_Degree.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  3. TkdDemon

TkdDemon New Member

im a 1 st dan ^^

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  4. Oldmike

Oldmike Valued Member

Ah, grading

Our 1st dan testing was held over 2 days in the old Song Moo Kwan style. I was 44 at the time.

We had to arrive at 8 pm, work out all night long with 5 minute breaks every hour. We were allowed water but no food.

About 4 am we did a 40 meditation timed so that when we finished the sun was just rising, then we continued to work out (patterns, sparring, self defense, take downs arm wrist locks nada, nada) and then the next morning we had 30 minutes to put on clean uniforms.

At 10 am the five member testing panel arrived and testing began.

The idea was that you should be able to perform not just when you felt good but also when you felt rotten. Believe me I did, like a conbination of a bad hangover and the flu. I tested with my 14 year old son who slept for 22 hours straight afterward.

Our instructor (Byung Kyu Lee) got his training from Chik Byung Ro head of the Song Moo Kwon. He tells me that Chik Byung Ro got his training from Hanagoshi which is the Korean name for Funakoshi head (Founder?) of Shotokan.

5. G.Razvan

G.Razvan Valued Member

Good.Thank you!:)

6. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

Oldmike, that sounds both awesome and terrifying!!!

7. stoppy

stoppy TKD Disciple

Just an update for here.

Recently moved back the BTCB. And have now set up my own club (Lion Taekwondo) Im back in love with the art. Still staying out of the politicing, but seeing the team and the commitment to excellence that the BTCB is trying to achieve has inspired me to get involved in the national governing body again.

Recently went to a technical seminar in Mansfield with Master Ian Lennox, man that guy is amazing. I felt like a 10 year old again.

Hope all are well here.

Master S

8. 123TKDKid

123TKDKid New Member

we are

white
    yellow
    orange
    green
    blue
    purple
    brown
    red
    black
    then the Dan stripes

another school is

white
    yellow
    blue
    green
    purple
    brown
    black
    then Dan stripes

neither are affiliated with associations though but a long time ago they were.

9. Friction

Friction Valued Member

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I would revive it for anyone who wants to use their belt in their signature. If your belt color is not show in this thread, please let me know the color and combination of tips or stripes and I will make one up for you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]