Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock 2?

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Korpy, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

2. DL.Demolition

DL.Demolition New Member

UFC 59 Does Tito still have what it takes?

I hope so

DL

3. Mike Dunnage

Mike Dunnage Valued Member

tito and shamrock

just read a interveiw with Dana White in a U.K. magazine where he says that Tito has gone off and signed with a professional wrestling organization (WWE???).

4. scorpiousmac

scorpiousmac Valued Member

Cool,bring it on!

5. brainuse

brainuse New Member

There is nothing cool about this.

6. DL.Demolition

DL.Demolition New Member

I was hoping he would be back to take controll of the octagon.

I thought he was gona be one of the coaches on Ultimate Fighter 3??

And I thought he had sigend up for a nother 3 fights in the UFC starting in april at ufc 59??

7. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

8. DL.Demolition

DL.Demolition New Member

So how recent is this article you read??

DL

9. Mike Dunnage

Decembers issue of Combat magazine.
    The way Dana was talking he seemed really frustrated with Tito's behaviour.

10. freak

freak Valued Member

i hope they go at it during the ultimate fighter 3....i hate tito ortiz!

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I would guess the Combat article was written a month or two before the publishing date. The UFC then probably gave Tito more exposure by putting him on TUF 3 and giving him a high profile fight against Forest.

12. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Ken Shamrock's threw man. I used to like the guy but after seeing him slip and get submitted by Rich Franklin in UFC and then see him throw in the towel against Fajita in PrideFC (WHEN HE WAS WINNING GADDAMIT) I've lost respect for him. I can't respect great fighters who can't give it up when they age. I figure that's why he lost (he might have taken dives seeing how silly those losses were but I'm too idealistic to believe that). Sure Tito got knocked out by a few guys but he was just outclassed (no way Tito could be the top champs but he can beat an old Shamrock). Shamrock's last few losses are just tragic they just show to me he really needs to quit. In both fights he was winning until he made those mistakes and those are things I can only see an aged guy doing.

13. Mike Dunnage

to be honest i think it is tragic that Dana will let him fight. his job should be to protect fighters not keep sticking crowd drawers into the ring to get beat up. I met Shamrock a couple of years ago in San Diego before he got back in the ufc and he was one of the most arrogant and instantly dislikable people i have had the pleasure (?) to meet but i do not think it is right to stick fighters who obviously have been left behind in the evolution back in the cage for the sake of some veiwing figures.

14. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

If Shamrock wants it, who is Dana to deny him? Shamrocks safety is at the end up to him, hes a big boy and he can make his own decisions.

15. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Na Beginner I gotta go with Dunnage here. Personally I think any striking competition fighters should be scanned to see how much brain damage they've accumulated. I ain't just saying this cause I'm concerned about old dudes, I am but come on let's make some room for young blood who ain't half-retarded from hematomas and concussions.

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I agree they should be examined medically, but if they are found to be capable of making a sound decision, then it should be up to them to fight. As far as giving younger fighters some room, there already is some. Especially with the TUF competition, gives younger fighters a chance to make a name for themselves. When it comes down to it there is plenty of room for anyone who the crowd is interested in watching, young or old.

17. Friction

Friction Valued Member

I'd like to see Shamrock take it out in a great battle, and then he should retire from the fight game.

18. Mike Dunnage

personaly i am concerned about the affect this could have on the mmas. look at all the critics of boxing who constantly point to the damage that fighters sustain in their later years as a reason to ban boxing here in the uk. I do not want to give those people the ammunition to fire at the mmas. their arguments and critisims will only get stronger if we suddenly have a load of old mma fighters turning up with brain damage and other ailments. Show promoters and refs should be there to protect the fighters from themselves and their pride. I do not know about any one else but i have certainly argued that i could continue a fight when i am clearly in no state to coherently defend myself.
    I also remember being dragged to my feet in a kick boxing fight in the philippines THREE times when i could bearly stand up and told to keep fighting just so the promoter could get his moneys worth. I do not even remember the fight let alone saying i could go on.

19. Cedric777

Cedric777 New Member

Could someone fill me in as to who won Tito Ortiz VS Ken Shamrock 1?

I don't keep up & missed it.

20. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Tito Ortiz won, he beat Shamrock.