Title Shot!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Korpy, May 26, 2010.

1. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to let ya'll know that on July 23rd, I will be fighting for the Cut Throat MMA Featherweight title! This is easily the biggest fight of my career. This will be my second fight in the Featherweight class.

My last opponent, who was 8-2, I submitted in 31 seconds of the first round by guillotine choke.

My opponent now is Mike Sands who is 7-0. I am confident that I will hand him his first loss, and get the gold around my waist.

For this fight, I'm training alot of BJJ, Muay Thai and Wrestling.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Excellent Korpy!!!

Wow... that's great! Sucks that MAP's journals are down for the forseeable future. You should start a blog and keep track of your daily training on there. Would love to get a look at it. Get as much of the build up and training as you can on tape man. This is the part that you will dig to look back at later. It's also the part everyone else is interested to see too! Too bad I'm on the other side of the world or I'd shoot a doco on ya! :)

3. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks slip!

I'll be doing a blog on my Facebook, which I know you are my friend on there! I'm gonna document my training on there. My hard training starts June 14th.

I can't wait for this.

4. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I didn't get a chance to congratulate you on your last victory although I've been following up on your posts.

You're giving me great motivation to start training again. Looking forward to hear about your training and upcoming victory.

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Good luck Korpy!

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Good luck dude!

7. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Kick. His. Ass.

8. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you so much everyone. When I get my blog going on my FB account, I'll post the link for ya'll.

It almost feels unreal. I started training martial arts at the age of 14, and now at age 19 (though I'll be 20 years old in a little more then 2 weeks) I'm an undefeated MMA fighter who is getting a shot at a title. I worked hard, and been through some really hard times, but I haven't let any of them slow me down.

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I'm crossing my fingers for a first minute, first round, head kick KO victory for you Korpy :D

10. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Awesome work mate!

11. Patrick Smith

Patrick Smith Tustom Cuser Uitle

Good luck, Korpy! :)

12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

sweep the leg!

13. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

WAR KORPY!

14. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thanks a ton guys!

15. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

I have a bunch of updates for ya'll.

My weight is looking good. I'm still over three weeks out, yet I'm already waking up at 150.8lbs. The cut to 145lbs is much easier this time around, which if making me feel great.

My striking is so much better since my first fight. In my first fight, my main style was Kung Fu, so I was very kick heavy, would stand sideways, and was not to proficient with my hands. Now my hands are my best weapons, and I have power in all my strikes. I fight like a Muay Thai fighter now.

My BJJ is also better then ever. I was recently promoted to blue belt from my coach who is a Carlson Gracie black belt. I feel so solid with my grappling, and even though my opponent is mainly a ground fighter, I believe I'll be able to beat him anywhere.

And for you my fellow MAPPers, I believe the fights will be streamed free on the organization's website. So if you would like to support me, I can give you the website, so you can see me fight for the title.

16. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Bring it on Korpy! I'm lovin' the updates bro! Very cool. Drop the site on us brother!

17. Seviko

Seviko Enlightened

This is great. Please post the links so we can watch..When is the fight happening

18. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Thank you guys! Especially for you slip.

I really think my hands and takedown defense are gonna be the biggest factors in this fight. I'm hoping that I will be able to show my new skills in this fight, since everyone has seen my BJJ.

The website is:

www.cutthroatmma.com

The night of the fight is Friday, July 23rd starting at 7:30pm central time (USA). I believe I'm the main event since there are two title fights on the card so my fight wont be till later.

19. Korpy

Korpy Whatever Works

Only 14 days till my title shot.

My weight is looking great, same with my conditioning. Working alot of Muay Thai, BJJ (especially off my back), takedown defense and scrambling.

In sparring, there has yet to be a week where I haven't dropped an opponent. I'm doing it alot with body shots.

I feel fantastic and can't wait to fight.

20. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Who's your opponent? Got any stats on him? Video etc?