Tips on How Women Can Protect Themselves From Being Victims of Violent Crime

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by KickChick, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Playful Giant

Playful Giant Banned Banned

My apologies - I work for the Metropolitan Police in the UK not the American Police Force. I know rules are different country to country.

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Does that rule vary from force to force, or is it universal in this country?

3. Playful Giant

It's 100% for the Metropolitan Police. Some other constabularies are a bit more lenient. Some are stricter!

4. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Stricter than 100%? Blimey! How does that work? Ban you if you've even thought about having a tattoo? :D

5. Playful Giant

What I meant was, I am 100% sure that the Met do not allow tattoos with blood on them. The other constabularies may be stricter in the sense that they may not allow ANY tattoos...

6. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I know of one force in the USA which has banned visible tattoos so existing officers who already have lower arm have to wear long sleeves in the hottest of weather. And it is in the South so summers are hot.

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Can we please get back to the original subject of this thread ?

SCREAM!!!! :eek:

8. adouglasmhor

Sorry KC.
    I have had a thought, would it be worthwile pressure testing the ability to shout and scream etc. under stress in a controlled environment like the Dojo, Kwoon, Dojang and so on. To condition the student so this would be a trained reponse rather than hoping they would be able to make enough noise to get themselves heard while under the stress of a real attack?

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Every situation that I have been in where I have found myself in a "situation" ... I have found my first reaction to be that of "screaming" and "drawing attention" to myself and this particular situation.

I think it is because that is how I react to my adrenaline rushes.... (yeah I'm a screamer! ;) ) ....

When practising self defense techniques in ma class and also when I took rape escape sd classes, we were conditioned to "vocalize" when executing our attacks.

10. adouglasmhor

What about using full body techniques to break an asailants grip, rather than using arm strength as I beleive PG was descibing earlier in the bit about women coming back from a self defence course and being unable to demonstrate successful technique. A grip break using your arms is a lot weaker that one using a whole body movement, how many women here (or guys) practice this enough or even are familiar with the concept.

11. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

All the Ninja in the house put your hands up!! :D :D

12. Playful Giant

In our wing chun federation we use tet sao with our whole body to break a wrist grip (or just hit the person!)