No I said ie. Don't be forced or tricked into going into more danger. Fight as hard as you can and try to get away, call for help, shout fire perhaps, I have heard more people will respond to a cry of fire than a cry of rape or help. You mentioned bar fights PLURAL, what else am I to assume. If I was "started on for some reason" I would be able to use my verbal skills to defuse it 99% of the time, the other 1% we all have no choice in, you can not reason with the unresonable. No I was a steward, a bouncer sugests someone who is employed to stop trouble by being a bigger thug than the thugs he is stopping, I trained and practiced to stop trouble by not giving them the chance to start in the first place. Often walking up to a potential troublemaker, if by some chance he got in to the venue, and asking him if everything was allright was enough to defuse the situation. Your voice says concern but your eyes say you are aware of the potential in the situation. I was commenting on myself (use of the word I) not attacking Geoff Thompson, I have actualy read a lot of his books, he is one writer I have a lot of respect for, do you know he now abhors violence and is now a top writer and thinker in the field of personal development. He also mentions criminal act's he commited as he made his way through life, he conquered his inner demons and made himself a valuable and productive member of society, he is not a god but he is a good example of a human being. I do not have a beef with you, I have a difference of opinion on something with you, I am also trying to help, but I honestly think women reading this are more than capable of taking their own decisions so we are both pretty redundant. All I can offer is a little bit of advice based on my own experience. We are all on the same side here, your experiences are not mine and vice versa.