Time travel

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SiAiS, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SiAiS

SiAiS Moved on

Suppose in 50 years I decided to travel back in time to predetermined moment, where I "re-incarnate" as a child Buddha. That would guarantee that I find the path that I desire because I would be expressing my reality to you. (Supposing this is the safest option). Now consider having experienced that reality here already on 3 different occasions and you had been unsuccessful in placing me correctly on those 3 occassions.

How can you say that that is the "right" way to do things?

Explain.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

If you had the ability to travel in time and THAT was the best use of it that you could come up with then I would feel really sorry for you.

3. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

What is your mode of transportation? TARDIS? Phonebooth? Or DeLorean?

4. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I would say that it is not the right way to do things. This is because you have altered the timeline you would no longer be experiencing the same reality, in fact you would be experiencing a new reality every time. So you would mess up in new and interesting ways every time.

The Bear.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  5. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Well said Johnno. It's just not time travel if you don't watch your parents having sex.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

7. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

I'm sorry, am i being thick here. What are you asking? Why fifty years? what pre-dertimined moment? The rest i do not even know where to start. :eek:

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Eughhhhhh....!

I was thinking more along the lines of seeing what made the dinosaurs extinct, or watching stonehenge being built, or something really interesting like that.

But now you've given me the idea of going back and watching MYSELF having sex. :cool:

9. BuddhaPalm

BuddhaPalm Valued Member

If you could time travel wouldn't you just be so curious to go back to Dinosaur time and just see if maybe you could survive one night?

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

But now you've given me the idea of going back and watching MYSELF having sex.

Mirror? It's a bit easier mate. :)

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I'd like to travel back to a time when this thread didn't exist.
    Those were the days.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I wouldn't want to watch myself doing ANYTHING naked these days! ;)

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I would travel forwards in time to when time machines are cheap and easy to get hold of then travel back to now and give myself the time machine so I could travel forwards in time to get a time machine.

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Why not buy cheap time machines in the future and bring them back to the present and sell them for a huge profit! (Maybe give a few as gifts to close friends and family.)

But make sure you buy a reputable brand. Avoid the cheapest one in the Argos catalogue that's made by some company you've never heard of, because it's bound to let you down.

15. CosmicFish

Top tips!

Alternatively maybe I'll get a wris****ch sized one and keep it all to myself. then I can hire myself out as a fixer of the worlds problems and keep a monopoly on this sort of thing.

Until some git has the same idea as me, or your great great great great great great great grandson comes back in time to stop me, or I accidentally kill my own ancestor . . .

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

wris****ch? :)

17. CosmicFish

Gotta love the swear filter eh. :D

18. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

There's already a good example of this time travel you speak of granted it really only spans one day rather then the 50 years you speak of but same difference.

It's called Groundhog Day starring Bill Murray. Watch it. Learn it. Love it.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010