Time to give up?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by waya, Jun 3, 2004.

1. waya

waya Valued Member

Eveer felt this way? After a year of constant injuries, combined with 2 moves across the country, I am starting to. Most recent it has been a dislocated wrist and 3 broken fingers from a fall. I am seriously starting to wonder if all of these complications combined aren't trying to tell me something.

2. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Hi Waya,

I've felt like this before to, a string of injuries and a lot of personal/work stuff. Best thing is to take a few months of, stay fit, but no MA. After that time you'll either be raring to go again and be fresh and hunger, or.....

... but we don't like to think about that one ;)

Take it easy mate.

Col

3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Maybe a good break or change of pace would refresh you.

4. waya

waya Valued Member

I think one of my biggest problems is being frustrated training alone. The majority of the schools here are not "my type" of school, and people outside them just want everything easy, so I am more or less on my own.
    The last 8 weeks have been spent entirely on leg drills since I have had use of neither hand, and now am finally able to use one of them, so maybe it will improve, but if not I think I will be missing the largest part of who I am.
    Could be you're right, a couple months frustration free may be in order.

Rob

5. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Is there any way you could find some like-minded people and set up a training time... like an informal club?

Regardless, I hope your injuries heal quickly and I hope things work out...

6. waya

waya Valued Member

I've been trying that with members of the special security team at the prison where I work, as well as regular officers and fellow SORT members, but none of them follow through with it. Something I don't understand because it helps us alot at work.

7. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

If I wanted to quit every time I got hurt or moved, I would have quit [adding machine sounds] 987 times. And that just last year! :D

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Hold on!

Isn't that just about what to expect on the way to gaining a BB. :eek:

Cheers. :)

9. Albert

Albert Banned Banned

You definately just need a good break.. I used to train obssesively, in the morning, in the bathroom at school, when i got home, in class, at night before bed, wake up in middle of night and train some more, go back to sleep, wake-up and do it all again.. But then for a period of months, i just almost toally stopped, concentrating on other things, it was like i almost lost interest, but i didnt i just needed a break to do other things, and now im back to normal again and training.