Time For A Chat. ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Chat Times' started by Chazz, Apr 12, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Hey Members: Lets get together for a chat.

Topic: "Why we started in martial arts and more importantly why we stay"
    Suggested By: Melanie

Please post when it would be a good time for you all to join us in the chat room and then we will set a time that looks to be the best for all of us.

:cool:

2. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

I had always been interested in Martial Arts after seeing a few Bruce Lee movies, and joined a TKD club at the local sports centre. It was run by a Gurkha Seargeant and all the students (except me and about 2 others) were Gurkhas and spoke no English whatsoever. Unfortunatly the club closed when the instructor was posted abroad, but I had the MA bug, so I joined the Kung Fu club that a few of my friends went to.

I became very fit doing Martial Arts, and it changed my life in a lot of ways. I've had several periods without being part of an organisation, but I always go back to a club eventually. I could never give up Martial Arts as it is part of who I am.

3. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Ahhh - my blessed friend! The subtle approach as always! I reckon we should have our chat about the same time I sit down to have me cuppa after dinner on a Sunday - more convenient for me then ya see!

But alas - as we have such a body of overseas visitors it will have to be at some incredibly early hour on a Sunday morning I fear...which for such an angel as myself (Hahahaha) I am never up at that sort of hour - I'm tucked up safely after reading my Enid Blyton :) What say you everyone...

Melanie

(PS I was joking on most of above :D )

4. Chazz

hongkongfuey

*L* well is there any way that you would like to join us in a chat to talk about it sometime. if so let us know when you are free

5. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

In discussion of times for a chat, which standard will you use?

GMT UK?

Saturday Nights at Midnight in the Uk is what time in USA, Ozz etc?

Maybe chat times for USA time belt and chat times for UK timebelt, and then anyone who can cross over just joins in where they can?

?

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I think Andy's idea about having two different chats at different times is pretty good.
    It doesn't matter to me what time the chat happens... I never sleep ;)

7. Chazz

What do you mean by what standard will we use?

8. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

ok, I just mean.... eg ..Chazz says let's chat at 7pm.

Is that 7pm in Usa or Uk?

9. hongkongfuey

I'll probably be online at 9:00 GMT tonight. That'l be around 3:00pm US Central Time by my reckoning! If you are in Sydney, Australia then that's 7:00am Sunday.

Before that I've got kids to get to bed.

10. hongkongfuey

Apologies to all those on the chatroom Saturday night / sunday morning. I think I was slurring my keyboard after a bottle and a half of wine - I hope I didn't offend anyone.

I felt crap all day sunday if that is any consolation!

11. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

Yeah - I wanted to write about last weekends chat...

I ended up being in there for 5 hours! What a laugh it was too :)

I was invited in initially by ckdstudent, then Hongkongfuey followed, then lots of people came and went. We had Joseki, Andy Murray, Andy Green, Greyghost, Kosokun, Ozebob, STASH (for the first time!), Kyokushin_girl, jg_colemen, (for the first time!). If there were others, I'm sorry I can't remember!

We discussed posts on the forum, Hand strikes, fighting in general, Seminars, weapons and a whole lot more. It went from the subline to the ridiculous and back to half sensible again...

What can I say...I really enjoyed it and I'm fairly certain others who participated also did too. When you log on and see another couple of members online - take a quick peek at who's online and enter the chat. If others are looking also they will see you entering chat and hopefully join you.

I look forward to this happening again definately!

12. Kendo_Cougar

Kendo_Cougar New Member

I dont know.. Eh ~ anyone? i dont know when The Chat time would be?