Tim Tackett coming to the U.K.

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by funkymonk, Jan 23, 2006.

1. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

My TKD instructor told me that Tim Tackett is coming to the U.K. in a couple of weeks time for the first time in 16 years. I have my friends wedding that weekend but my instructor is attending and i'll be interested to see what he learns from it.
    Not coming from a JKD background i have to admit that i'd never heard of him before but i hear he has been involved in martial arts for 50 years and is the real deal. I think he trained with Bruce Lee too.
    Is anybody else on here going to attend any of his seminars?

2. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

where is it being held?

3. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

I believe Impact's Dave Carnell is having him over for a 2 day seminar, I dont know whether Tim Tackett is doing any others in the UK.
    It is being held 11-12 Feb.
    For more info please go to Here and select Seminars..

4. Simplicity

Simplicity Valued Member

I highly recomend that anyone over the pond go to Tim's seminar.....Tell him that Sifu John Mcnabney recomended you to go......You'll learn alot.... :)

Peace, Love and Soul

5. tel

cool very interested.

6. CraigLeeJKD

CraigLeeJKD formerly 'into_the_abyss'

Apparently this will be Tim Tacketts last UK seminar. The school I go to is a branch of Carnells Impact, and my sifu just told me the details today. Unfortunately I will be unable to attend, but I would recommend anyone with the oppurtunity to do so, to go.

7. tel

can you pass on the details

8. CraigLeeJKD

It's at Carnell's place in Stoke. I believe it's 50 pounds for the weekend (11th february). That is as much as I know.

9. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

Contact Details are

IMPACT MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY
    165-167, High St
    Tunstall
    Stoke-On-Trent
    Staffordshire
    ST6 5EA

(Above Burtons)

Tel: 01782 823984
    Email: dave.carnell@tesco.net

All equiries outside of Impact should speak to Sifu Dave or a Staff member!

10. tel

cheers

11. CraigLeeJKD

Well I've had a change of plans and will now be attending the seminar. Anyone else here going? Should be a great weekend.

Peace

12. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

See you there..

13. Stxsas

Stxsas Keep on Flowing..

Unfortunately for me i was only there for 1 day and not for the entire 2 days. Sifu Tim went into depth on JKD punching, notably the straight punch and how to develop power and penetration. Later he went on to explain some trapping, gouging, strategies and intercepting skills, which seems to worked very well. All in all it was a really good relaxed seminar that proved to be a hit with all. All the guys were cracking up at Sifu Tim's humour and even though Tim was most likely the oldest one there his punching power was one of the most explosive!

14. CraigLeeJKD

Yup he is a damn funny guy and still fast for his age! It was my first seminar and the whole experience has been very beneficial and motivating.

I wonder if the hotel has noticed the bed we broke doing BJJ at 1 o' clock in the morning :D

Overall, I have come away with a lot from this weekend and look forward to more seminars in the future. There are some great guys in the JKD circle and I feel very lucky to be apart of this.

Peace

15. tel

gutted i missed it :bang:

16. JkdScott

JkdScott Valued Member

Tim's Seminar

Sifu Tim also did a seminar for Carl Lewis in Wrexham (it was actually Carl who 1st asked Tim to come over then he (Tim) sorted other dates whilst here). Tim did a great seminar for us showing us a lot of stuff, he was so impressed with Carl and his students he has affiliated our school with his Wednesday Night Group and promoted Carl to an Associate Instructer under himself, skipping the 1st two ranks.
    Tim started off by telling us he was going to show us some stuff that would make our JKD work and boy did he, we now know what Bruce ment by "jkd is a daily decrease" the stuff we got off Sifu Tim will take years to perfect, but well worth the time spent on it.
    Also we had a pretty much in-house class with a few TKD guys in but mostly it was Carls and my students all from Carls Scimitar Martial Arts group.
    Tims teaching style is very different from other guys ive trained with cos he gives you plenty of time to pick up and practice the stuff he's teaching rather than skip through a lot of knowledge quickly but you dont remember that much.
    Tim is also as stated a funny guy with a great deal of knowledge and loads of good stories and facts, we can see why he has been described as "one of the most knowledgeable JKD instructors of all time"
    I dont think it will be Tims last seminar in the UK as im sure Carl would love to host Sifu Tim again.... we will have to wait and see, but guys im sure next time it will be purly Scimitar Martial Arts students only..... any one wishing to know more or train with us just mail me

17. inosanto1

inosanto1 Valued Member

same here tel, missed that one, would have been good.
    bring on Ron balicki in newcastle 1st april