tibetan lama kung fu

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by ptkali778, May 23, 2004.

1. ptkali778

ptkali778 Valued Member

im just wondering if anybody knows or practice tibetan lama kung fu? i just recently found out that my coworker's dad is a master of this system, but he stopped training/teaching the art, but instead trains tai chi. i've never heard of this system before, any inputs would be greatly appreciated. thanks..

2. diligentmantis

diligentmantis Valued Member

3. Black dragon

Black dragon New Member

just a thought

since in the movie shaolin vs lama, the lama guy is defeated does that mean that shaolin is more superior than lama

4. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Wow another person has seen Shaolin versus lama; thats a funny film. I especially like the way all the Tibetans are evil and are only interested in money and fighting (some even have eye patches on just to be more evil), nice 'subtle' attempt at propaganda methinks.

I think the link to Stephen Richards site is http://www.tibetankungfu.com and the style is called Lions Roar not Tibetan Lama... I haven't heard of a lama practicing Kung Fu very often but anyways.

5. jroe52

jroe52 Valued Member

And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know."

And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

6. blue-sash

blue-sash Banned Banned

Lions roar.

Hi,

I have read many good things about tibetan Kung Fu and would like to know more.

Having read on a site www.lionsclawkungfu.com that the style "lions claw" is based on Lions roar kungfu.

I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Lions Claw Kung Fu, as I may well be in that area for a couple of months (work), and would like to check it out. At least I need a place to train while i'm away from home.

Any feed back would be most appreciated.

thanks
    Dave

7. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

LaMa is a variant of White Crane allegedly brought to Tibet by Siu Lim monk Shing Long when he was sent to study Buddhism there. It possesses more of the Northern kicking techniques than Southern White Crane (because of the environment of Tibet) and has many qigong rountines.