throws

Discussion in 'Judo' started by saikyou, Aug 7, 2003.

1. saikyou

saikyou New Member

do you know a website that has a list of the ranks of judo throws? what i mean is the frequency of the throw performed in a competition and how effective it is. in my old book, morote seoinage tops the list but that book is dated back to 1983. i want to see the current stats.

2. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

3. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

4. Jim

Jim New Member

Why?

5. saikyou

saikyou New Member

i just want to know the ranking of my favorite throws(kata guruma, O guruma). I think reaps and shoulder throws are still very popular in competition. Inoue's O-Uchi-Gari is really awesome.(Olympics) How about you guys? what are your fave throws?

6. Jim

Jim New Member

I try not to have a favourite, although I'm partial to Hadari Uki Goshi, O Guruma and O Soto Otoshi. You gotta be kidding me about Kata Guruma, though. It's too easy to counter (with devestating effects).

7. saikyou

saikyou New Member

yeah, its really hard to pull it off in competions but its so spectacular. I rarely see this in competitions but when I saw one, man its really great.

8. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

i use a left drop kata guruma and i find it works pretty effeciently and for my fav throws prollt Uchi Mata, O Uchi Gari,Ko Uchi Gari,Hane Goshi,Hari Goshi (might throw in a Makakumi in with the last 3) Suki Nage, Marote Gari, I like all foot sweeps and i just like to pick the the person up and slam him down i also like to go to the ground i love arm bars but i really like pretty much all the throws except sacrifice throws but opne is ok and that is the body separtion throw forget what its called in japanese

9. Jim

Jim New Member

Maki Komi is a sacrifice throw. Yoko Wakare is the body seperation throw.

10. saikyou

saikyou New Member

sacrifice throw.

I also like groundwrok. juji gatame, hadaka jime, waki gatame, tateshiho gatame, kamishiho gatame, kesa gatame and kata gatame, etc.(cant mention them all, too many) sacrifice throws? its ok for me, especially if you are shorter than your opponent and if he is pushing so hard(defending from a reap)

another question, do you use the flying armbar?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2003
  11. Jim

Jim New Member

Only when I've locked the keys in the car ;)

12. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

ya groundwork is my fav i dont likke ground hold i usualy choke or arm bar i like to make people Tap

thats y my name is TAPOUT

13. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

I don't do Judo, but I like Kani basami and Ude Gaeshi

14. TAPOUT

TAPOUT New Member

that illeagle but i also like it

15. flashfire

flashfire New Member

Been a while since I competed, but I had good results with Hiza Guruma, Sasae Tsuri Komi Ashi, and Ko Soto Gari. I had alot of luck with the leg throws. Loved Hadaka Jime, too...the results were great for such a simple choke hold!

16. saikyou

saikyou New Member

yeah, leg throws are nice too. specially if you can make your opponent to put his weight on the leg that you are going to attack.
    ex. fake morote seoinage -> Ko uchi gari

17. saikyou

saikyou New Member

oops, sorry, i mean fake ippon seoinage

18. -=|§ØÛ£|=-

-=|§ØÛ£|=- New Member

I can hardly find any drawing or anything of Ude Gaeshi. I found it on Drawings of Throws, but not on Animation or anything else almost anywhere. Know why that is??

19. saikyou

saikyou New Member

Bec. an animation focuses on one technique only. about that correction in my post(its one of my first few post and i still dont know the function of the edit button. sorry for that) morote works for me but im much more comfortable w/ ippon seoinage. speaking of combination throws, here is a list of combination throws:
    http://www.judoinfo.com/gaeshi.htm

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  20. judojedi

judojedi Officer of the Crown

my favorite throw is YAMA-ASHI, not only is it extreamly effective and painful for uke, its got the coolest name.
    translation: MOUNTAIN STORM.

true it is quiet difficult to set up and execute on experienced judoka and not really fair to do on inexperienced judoka but what the hell......ground work is king though.