Throwing up ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Bon, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Cain

Cain New Member

I don't think throwing up is the right word lemme make it clear once and for all -

Tkdwarrior said -

endurance is when u reach ur body limit n u do a jut a bit more...

Correct then how do u train for endurance? By enduring of course :D

The best jogger in the world can't be the best sprinter.

Again u said -

throwing up is when u reach ur body limit n u try to reach it again by over excercising...with this way u gain endurance i hope not..

Now did I mention over exercising? not that I remember of, I simply said pushing ur body to the limit, overexercising is when u know u r going to hurt and u still ignore it.

|Cain|

2. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

I've never seen throwing up in any article I've ever read on endurance training.

As far as I'm concerned I've always thought of endurance training as the progressive raising of your body's limits by gradually challenging yourself to go further. I don't think you have to try and go beyond your limits just train near the limit for an extended period. By its very nature a limit is the final point. For instance when you run (or any other CV exercise) you exercise within a training zone that challenges your CV system and progressively increases your endurance. Or you add in some sprints and vary your routine. You don't plan out a 3 mile run and try to sprint the entire distance - this will just leave you in a crumpled pile about 400 meters from where you started out in a pile of your latest meal.

Also the other point about training to failure are issues concerning your recovery. I'm guessing that most people on the fprum have the same problems as me in trying to balance their skills training, weights, cardio etc with their work commitments and attempts to have a life. To do this I have to train most days in different things. If I trained to the point of failure on one day then I am unlikely to train well the next. Its a difficult balance to maintain. This wasn't such an issue when I was a student as I could ensure that I got 12 hours of sleep each night (well actually it was generally during the day to be honest)!

As an interesting aside, my hangover today appears to have progressed to the point that I am now feeling servely ill so this discussion is fairly apt.

Drinking: an instance of an area in which my endurance could do with being lower!

3. Cain

Cain New Member

Sheesh not beyond ur limits, I meant to ur limits

|Cain|

4. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

And one final thing...

cain_charlie you said:

Mate throwing up is throwing up its nothing to do with endurance.

Throwing up, puking, vomiting, chundering, blowing chunks, yodelling, toilet opera etc etc call it what you will its not something that is generally included in endurance training or any other type of training (except maybe Rugby it seemed to be very much a part of Rugby but then so was dancing naked on the table with your old fella in a pint). I digress...

5. Cain

Cain New Member

I just put words in the wrong way, not endurance, not throwing up

During training u train by pushing urself to the limit no more sometimes less :D

Actually we were agreeing but I m just bad at explaining things :(

|Cain|

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Its your body's way of saying you've done too much. Ejecting excess matter to concentrate on coping with the job at hand! :D Maybe some of its caused by nerves of heavy sparring? Or by eating the wrong things before training. Fatty stuff always feels like its coming back up, so I avoid that.

7. Cain

Cain New Member

I don't know why is everyone discussing puking :confused: the original discussion never meant to be about that :confused:

|Cain|

8. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

LMFAO :D

The all thread is about puking up Cain, What do you think throwing up means ;)

9. Cain

Cain New Member

Sheesh!!! I think everyone got confused up in the name and by wat Karatekid said. I feel like I was arguing in the mirror in my last posts.

Sheesh!!!! I am puking up because of the misunderstandings, Oh brother :( and then my explaination of the endurance all wrong :(

All I meant to say not to overdo it but still do it hard enuff, and these words definitely don't hv anything to do with puking.......oh brother :( I really lost my temper before editing :(

|Cain|

Last edited: Dec 17, 2002
  10. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Don't worry about it Cain, must be difficult learning all the strange English terms, but your doing well, don't hurl over it ;)

11. Cain

Cain New Member

Thanx PGM :)

|Cain|

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I agree - don't barf Cain, or chunder or spew or shout for God down the great white telephone :D

13. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL!!! By the way u read my post before I edited it???

|Cain|

Last edited: Dec 17, 2002
  14. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

My Dad used to hurl in Ireland, always makes me laugh when he shows me where he used to hurl!

15. Cain

Cain New Member

Hurl??? :confused: hurl wat???? :confused:

|Cain|

16. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

I don't think I read that, whatever you wrote!

Its a sport in Ireland, and it doesn't involve vomit, usually, unless you exert yourself, in which case you need a spotter :D

17. Cain

Cain New Member

LOL!!! :D

Hmm...it's good u did'nt read my posy b'fore I edited it, I really sounded like a dunce :woo:

I wonder if Yoda as the MOD could read the unedited post......

|Cain|

18. dredleviathan

dredleviathan New Member

Hey cain_charlie,

Sorry mate I didn't read your profile previously and hadn't realized that the misunderstanding was down to a simple misunderstanding in terms.

I was talking to my girlfriend last night about the conversation (she doesn't like to discuss this kind of thing due to her ability to puke for no apparent reason) and she reminded me that I become very adept at hurling when we passed through Bombay about 6 or 7 years ago... I think I had a maximum range of 2.5 metres at one point (by the way nothing to do with Irish sports either).

19. Cain

Cain New Member

OH that's ok dude, I guess we all agree now *hug* :D

|Cain|

20. STASH

STASH New Member

This is a weird thread...you guys are scaring me.