Thoughts on Religion/Evolution

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by CKava, Dec 7, 2009.

1. McShabby

McShabby More Than A Feeling

Couldn't Evolution be the answer to "How" and not "Why"?

2. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

That article is just a summary if you look around you will find tonnes of corroborating evidence from a whole bunch of sources. Look at his wikipedia article for instance it links to a number of detailed articles and includes all the same info about his activities. Also worth remembering that a pretty good indication that he's been up to no good is that he is currently in jail for "creating an illegal organization for personal gain".

Anyway, the fact that he has an impressive website is simply an indication of having money. Look up talk origins. That looks much less fancy but the information there is about a 1000 times more accurate.

Also, once again I have to ask in your 'research' into evolution have you actually considered buying an introductory book by a real scientist? Or are you just hunting through internet creationist sites and reading the arguments until you see a convincing one? If your honest about your interest then you should look at good info not at creationist polemics.

3. Timmy Boy

Timmy Boy Man on a Mission

Whatever question religion purports to answer, it has no evidence in support of it. Also, the fact that religious texts directly contradict science and that evolution is a relatively recent discovery (in the course of human history) shows that religion is certainly not designed just to answer a different question.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Couldn't Evolution be the answer to "How" and not "Why"?

Evolution provides the answers to many "why" questions.
    Why we see diversity around us.
    Why animals seem so suited to their way of life.
    Why animals are distributed around the world as they are.
    Why fossils are deposited in the order they are.
    Why I currently have a dodgy back.
    Why swine flu is a potential danger.

Evolution is a very powerful theory of explanation.

5. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

I am just trying a different approach, but I guess I haven't been very good at it.

I like to understand something by looking at it's strengths and weaknesses, but understanding the subject as a whole is just as essential.

I'll look into that.

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

The problem here is that the "weaknesses" of evolution are just religious inspired propaganda. No one in the scientific community proper has a problem with evolution at all.
    It's a false controversy made up by people that don't like the implications of accepting evolutionary theory.
    Sadly many people aren't told that so they think the case against evolution is stronger than it actually is.