Thought-provoking article

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by GhostOfYourMind, Mar 23, 2006.

1. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

Here's an article I came across after hearing this guy speak in my anatomy class (my teacher went to Auburn University with him, and they go way back). Really makes you think twice about "shaping" muscles, dun dun dun...:p He also has some other good articles; most on nutrition. Good stuff IMO.

Click here for article

Discuss.:)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. cxw

cxw Valued Member

In terms of sports performance improvement, the article raises a few interesting questions:
    - Should certain sports training involve different lifts. I.e. some sports might stress the chest differently to others and therefore should involve different types of bench presses
    - If you're close to your weight division limit (and you don't/cant go up a division) should you choose to aim for specific areas of hypertrophy for what you believe are the most important muscles for you.

My view is that most people are so far from a stage in strength training that they need to worry about this sort of thing though. I know I am - maybe once I get to a triple my own bodyweight deadlift I'll start to worry about exactly how my hamstrings hypertrophy!

3. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

4. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey