Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Learning your body shots have been really effective is a great thing to find out about yourself as far as boxing goes. Learning this because a guy has a cracked rib . . . . not so great. Not when it's in your own gym :bang:

Hence the problem with "sparring for KO's"

2. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

He's a teeny bit young for me! :(

3. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

hahaha
    im sure frodo is lovely IRL but im good thanks!i actually like the girl im dating for once!

4. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

The first night's sleep after not sleeping properly for a week is a rough one. I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Now I'm gonna go run/kick dogs. *sigh*

5. Ero-Sennin

Interesting.

Attached Files:

6. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

If you ever want to dispel the self-impression that you're an intelligent contributing member of an evolved society, watch yourself eating buttered toast in a mirror. I made that mistake this morning. Looked like a brain-damaged dairy cow.

7. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

LOL...But nowadays most guys I know desire the commitment and it is the women fleeing or playing the field

8. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

not sure if been tricked to like this girl as much as i do but am in a relationship after 3 weeks
    scarier still that i talked to her dad today and got warned

the guy is gandalf/wiccan/ex-police officer/ex-navy sailor/ex-karateka
    I'm basically dating hannibal's daughter

theres a little voice inside me yelling to runaway and change my name

9. Ero-Sennin

It's not always good to have an automatic response to a certain situation.

For example, I hate it when street vendors try to sell me things or people handing out fliers try to get into conversation with me. I always greet them with a mean spirited stare and a "nauh, I'm good man" and walk right by them even if they try to press. It's automatic for me.

The other day a girl at the university started waving at me. I didn't know who she was but it seemed like she knew me and I was caught off guard. As I got closer she said something I didn't hear so I gave a confused look and she repeated. After she repeated her comment I immediately realized she was trying to give out information and talk about something and before I processed what she had said I gave her the cold, angry stare and the "no man, not interested." I wish I had listened closer and not reacted before I realized the situation. She was trying to speak to me about issues on gay rights.

What made it worse is I realized what I did and the kind of hate my reaction is generally associated with. I stutter stepped and gave a "ah crap" glance at the girl. She just looked at me and smiled and said "it's ok" and I just kept on walking.

10. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Stick around, the danger only adds to the excitement! :hammer:

11. mattt

mattt Valued Member

I'm trying to figure out how you got a screen shot of it?

12. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I'm trying to figure out why you have a question mark at the end of a statement.

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Maybe he's Australian.

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Not entirely sure how to respond to that. But he's not in DC. We've established that much. ;)

15. Ero-Sennin

Probably doesn't spar for KO's either. Pansy.

16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Of course, you probably don't get exposed to Australian TV, sport etc as much as we do back in Blighty. But we notice that Australians have a peculiar habit of ending every sentence with a rising tone, as though it was a question.

17. Ero-Sennin

For some reason last night, I thought, "I could go through every post I have a 'thanks' on and edit the post entirely to say something incredibly offensive that no sane person would agree with." :ban:

18. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Ah right! Funnily enough, we've made the same observation of many Brits. And I say that as a (long expatriated) Brit myself. Whenever my wife spends time around my parents, she takes on that same rising tone. But now that you say that, I know exactly what you're talking about. I have an Aussie here in the office, and can hear it perfectly now that you've said that.

19. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Unfortunately some Brits copy that particular Australian mannerism - probably through over-exposure to rubbishy Aussie soaps.

20. Vitty

Vitty Valued Member

Adam Hills covered our "every sentence is a question" problem

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBYnL5fAXE"]Adam Hills - Australian accents - YouTube[/ame]