Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw Killing you softly

" When you think beyond your limits... It becomes your Dream. When you accomplished it... It becomes the Dream for others."

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Make sure you know how to navigate and use your college's website, especially when dealing with financial aid. Just found out I could have used about 300$ in the form of a "book credit" given to me by the school. Unfortunately . . . . I already bought all my books. Hopefully I can get refunded or the money rolls over : P.

3. Ero-Sennin

Sometimes, typing a random word into Google and attaching the word "meme" behind it and clicking Images can really brighten your day.

Attached Files:

4. Ero-Sennin

Ha! I came here to post some meaningless, crappy and depressed comment but saw the above post I posted a while ago and now my day is fine. Bravo me.

5. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

When I'm upset I'll go train, or go to bed. :)

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i have three solutions for being angry. in no particular order of importance:
    if i'm home, milk and cookies
    if i'm out, ice cream
    if i have time and energy, clean and presses and deadlifts.

7. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

Haha, I love that show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j25tkxg5Vws"]Community La Biblioteca Spanish Rap HD - YouTube[/ame]

8. Ero-Sennin

Squat Thrusts - Tabata format. They will make your quads feel like you did a heavy session with barbell squats when you do them with just 15 lb dumbbells.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I went through community college the same way back in the early 90s, and later in undergrad. In graduate school, I finally realized this: If I'm a passable writer without any editing (or even my own full attention), I'd probably be quite good with some self-editing.

I don't self-edit here so much, but one of the things that I consistently got praise for in grad school was writing. One of the perks of going back to school after a decade out of school. Gives you time for a couple of epiphanies.

10. Ero-Sennin

I like to think I'm not a bad writer, and I've actually taken English 102 and Advanced Compositional Writing previously when I went to school before I joined the military (too long ago for my credits to be accepted at MC). To be honest, I think posting on MAP and trying to get what I'm saying across the correct way is the reason I don't struggle with writing! It's interesting to be re-taught all the things I believe I do already, but having it at the front of the mind now instead of something I've been doing naturally is as you say, a bit of an epiphany. The class is still as boring a skipping rope for an hour though. :p

11. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Oh yeah. I'd probably commit hara giri in an actual composition class now. :)

12. Ero-Sennin

I love those days when you start increasing the amount of time you train and you body suffers, so when you hit the "snooze" on your alarm you don't fall into that limbo between consciousness and dream land . . . . you just fall right back to REM sleep. Then all of a sudden you open your eyes and the sun is up (and it shouldn't be when you wake up) and you go "Oh crap!" and bolt out of the bed like Mighty Mouse to save the day :p.

13. shootodog

shootodog restless native

Do what you love and love what you do. That way you will be happy.

14. Ero-Sennin

I was asked if I was a professional boxer today by a guy who is new to the gym. I kinda' laughed and told him no, then asked why he thought that. He told me I jumped rope like a professional boxer so he assumed I was. :love:

Just call me the pervy-rope master. :cool:

15. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

i thought that was princess haru?

16. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I had to read that twice (probably since I've done more skipping lately.... but I will be in London on Sunday)

17. Ero-Sennin

Hard work, even with a lack of complete dietary discipline, still pays off. Set a fitness goal to knock down another notch on my belt loops in a weeks time. Goal was just measured and achieved.

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

It wasn't SBK was it?

19. Ero-Sennin

-_- . . . . . . . . . . .

20. Ero-Sennin

Writing a paper for an english class about technology, and writing the title in Binary Coding. :cool: