Thought of the Day

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ero-Sennin, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

Stop smelling balls!

2. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

It's just one of those things man. Like when somebody farts you can't help but make at least one sniff to see how bad it is. I see a naked guy I just have to take a big wiff to see how good his hygiene is.

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

To. Much. Information.

4. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

Always a good quote for any time. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7532GXPnO8"]Wyld Stallyns #1 : Be Excellent To Each Other - YouTube[/ame]

5. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

Something I figured out today.

The more I sleep, the better I do on exams.

The less I sleep, the better I do on presentations.

This is the only correct order. It's useful information to me.

6. Ero-Sennin

Trying to find non-extreme views on political/social subjects, from MAP to the great Google, is like saying you're going to walk 10 miles with a piece of thin rope tied so tight on your forearm it turns your arm purple and aches so bad it feels like it's going to fall off. The rope on the arm doesn't keep you from continuing to walk, but that pain in your arm sure makes the whole walk extremely unpleasant.

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

I keep telling the children that Santa wants beer this year.
    Unfortunately, they keep saying, "No, Daddy! Santa can't drive his sleigh if he has beer! Santa wants milk!"

:woo:

I still think Santa wants beer.

8. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

Santa is so magically fat that the beer doesn't affect him, so he can drink and drive. Not giving him beer means he gets upset and leaves fewer presents.

9. Ero-Sennin

Whenever I log onto MAP and the "Who's Online" box has more yellow, purple, and green names then anything else in it, I feel like what an intern must feel like if he gets told to take the garbage out of the room all the bosses are having a conference in.

10. Ero-Sennin

The worst part about situational awareness during the holidays is that you're usually visiting some place for the holidays and may run into people you haven't seen in years, and don't want to really run into. If your head is on a swivel, constantly scanning the area as a good paranoid, situationally aware person does . . . . it is much more likely that you will make eye contact out on the town with those people you could have ignored if you weren't scanning the area and were hoping to avoid. You just "didn't see them" and have that excuse. When you make eye contact, you lose that.

For me, trips to the gas station down the road in the very small town in FL I grew up in . . . . I've had to make sure I keep my head down to break my normal routine and I feel like I'm about to get sniped in the head every time :p

11. Ero-Sennin

Listening to my 50 Cent station on Pandora Radio. I've created a few rap stations and I've been having a delete fest of songs that am trying to find songs I like and will play because so much out there sucks and I like stuff that is decent both instrumentally and lyrically for when I'm boxing/training. Some guy came on I've never heard of and I try to give him a chance but it's really sucking bad for a rap song. Then he says something great, "if you don't like it change the song." So I took his advice. He really should stop rapping and open up an advice hotline, I think he would do better with it, he gives darn good advice.

12. Ero-Sennin

When you email/pm somebody on MAP for a sparring date and they don't get back to you. Hopefully I don't get a reply when my gym opens back up and I'm too busy actually training to run around and try to catch somebody at another location to spar.

13. Ero-Sennin

Going back to school after 5 years of either being out in the work force or in the military is like having one of those daydreams where you think, "If only I had the mindset I have now when I was younger, I could have done so much more" . . . . only it's now reality. My English 101 (which I already did when I was attending college but the Community College I'm at won't accept the credits for, or the other two English classes I took) started off with all the students talking about which high school they were coming from. I felt like a grandpa.

14. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You headed to MC?

15. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Thought of the day: There are an awful lot of words that only exist in the negative. Nobody ever gets to working feeling combobulated or looking especially kempt.

16. Ero-Sennin

Yep, I'm at MC. University of Maryland pretty much told me they wanted to see me do a semester there before they would accept me (but I'll probably stick through until an AA due to finances and a possibility of moving when my wife graduates law school). If you end up moving up this way again you wouldn't by chance be teaching there would you?

17. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

As a matter of fact, I just turned down a job there. I'm staying put here for now. But I nearly did that very thing.

18. Ero-Sennin

Beating the highest score in MAP arcade from another MAPper by 1 point . . . it just feels awesome.

19. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

MAP has an arcade? Gonna have to check it out.

20. TheLongRoad

TheLongRoad Valued Member

I actually had to have surgery on my thumb for that very reason. Snapped the first metacarpal after I (stupidly) forgot to close my thumb on an uppercut. I was not a bright teen.

As for the random thought, it was more of a random realization. I cannot study the same way I did in highschool for university exams. Doesn't work. You literally cannot cram that much info into your head on the way to the exam. Lesson learned.