This is what steriod abuse does kiddies

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pyro, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Yeah I do assistance exercises for powerlifting, in particular, weighted dips and weighted chins, military press, Oly lifts sometimes. At least you are training for useful strength Count, good man.

Btw 5x5 routines often fit into a powerlifting cycle, of course you cycle right down to 2-rep sets in the week or so prior to comp, but 5x5 is midway through a cycle often.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  2. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

It's a shame what bodybuilding has become. It went from a freakshow, to a respectable "sport" during arnie's times, and has landed right back in the "freakshow" category IMO. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong though. It takes a lot of dedication to get that muscular, and a lot of hours in the gym, but to use 'roids is cheating in my eyes. Plus distended guts make all the olympia contenders look like santa claus in a thong with a fake tan....::shudders:: :D

3. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

Yes, I'm sure it would blow my mind :rolleyes:

4. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

I would be a lot more interested in bodybuilding if most of the competitors weren't pumped full of some drug. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the guys who train and compete clean. I actually think bodybuilding is a cool sport, but I just don't like the steroid side of it.

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Wasn't there some form of Bodybuilding where all the competitors were natural or clean?
    I remember seeing something a few years ago on this... the average competitor of this 'new' style of weightlifting was much smaller - but they had incredible physiques.

Or am I dreaming and there is no such thing as all natural bodybuilding?!?!

6. Radok

Yeah dude, there are natural comps. But the competitors are like 180 pounds instead of 300. I will see if I can get you some links when I finish this speadsheet for the smolov squat routine. :)

7. Radok

8. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Yeah, that is not attractive at all.

What is attractive is natural guys, like Olympic guys that are not allowed to use steroids. Like Pieter Van denHoogeband, Ian Thorpe, Judokas, etc.

9. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

What should bodybuilding be like? Two words,
    Don Scott

Lol

10. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

Pulp, remember though that these guys are not aiming to be attrative. it is a sport like any other. The same way that marathon runners are not aiming to be attractive. One extreme to another.

2 words to sum up body building? ....... Johny, Bravo :D

11. TheCount

I meant in the real world dude

12. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

...Oh....Maximum, muscle.

Although the old timers like arnie looked better IMO because they focused more on aesthetics such as a slim waist whereas modern day bodybuilders build up there obliques and abs too much along with the bad guts they get from too much horse steroids, growth hormone etc.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  13. Maverick

Maverick New Member

Why is it cheating? It's no more cheating than creatine or being able to afford a better protein supplement. Or being born with a bigger frame. Or being born with 5 times as much natural testosterone.

Besides, the Olympia is not a drug tested competition. Naturals of course have their own shows that are tested.

And obviously, natural bodybuilders and Olympia contestants are not just two extremes. There are steroid users all the way inbetween the two that don't have huge guts and 50 inch legs. Lots of people here seem to think that popping a few Dbols turns you into an ugly, bloated, 400lb monster. Which is almost as bad as the 'being muscular slows you down' myth.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  14. TheCount

Cheating from what perspective. If you wanna get the size of don scott then thats plain lazy. If you want to try and match Ronnie that is no way cheating lol! That is VERY hard work

15. Svarog

Svarog New Member

I dare to disagree here. Those guys compete in beauty contests. To prepare for these beauty contests they engage in sports-like activites to be achieve the desired looks.

In BB competitions - that are bassically just pose-downs in different positions - there are 'activities' that are far more similar to miss world competition - again pose-downs - than to any other sport.

16. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I agree with you. Skip LaCour I think is natural, and he looks pretty good. He eats salt like a salt eating...monster...thing though when he cuts up I think though. That CAN'T be good for you...heh.

Maverick- It's just my personal opinion. It does take a lot of work to get that mass even when juicing, but I just prefer getting all that mass on my own (even if it takes longer), with no help from extra GH and stuff in my system that's not supposed to be there in the first place. I'm pretty happy with my whey protein (I kinda classify that as a food, but I guess it's a supplement to? Maybe a foodlement?) and multivitamins, combined with unholy amounts of food....:D Besides, I don't have the money to juice..lol! To each their own though. :)

17. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

[​IMG]

funny :D

18. Radok

OK, that guy is allowed to do curls in the squat rack. :D

19. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

20. Pyro

Pyro New Member

Go and take your steroids then. Just don't expect clean athletes like myself to respect it. Sure it's your choice, I won't tell you what to do, but you can't expect everyone to agree or like it.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2005