this is driving me nuts

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by RevIV, May 17, 2006.

1. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

Ok,, this is just a confused no body.. I have seen posts in certain forums where people cannot reply (events section) I was one of them and i understood my mistake,.,, honestly,,, but then i look on the newer one and people have made like 6 comments on it and they are just vague comments like i have made on a seminar that is there... This forum is very different then others i have seen,,, and like i was told by the mods.. nothing is free on this forum,, well did they have to pay to make comments back on the other post?/? Dont care to start a fight here just dont get it.
    Jesse

2. sinner_silence

sinner_silence New Member

what forums are those?

3. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

I dont understand what he means at all, to be honest.

Anyone care to explain?

4. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

How does this concern Kempo?

5. sinner_silence

actually me too.
    a bit lost i am for a minute lolz

6. sinner_silence

it's not 'kempo', his concern was that, he 'can't post!'

lol :D

7. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

maybe he couldn't post on a kempo forum :confused:

8. kempojosh

kempojosh Valued Member

addressing the issues

none of us understand your mistake. could you please enlighten us?

nothing is free on this forum?? holy crap! i haven't paid anything to post :eek: don't tell the mods....i'm not sure where you got the information but MAP is cost free. the mods do like for people to donate to keep things running. i should give a little sometime.

9. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

I can't understand why he posted the post on a Kempo forum. Wouldn't the Suggestions and Question forum be more appropriate?

10. sinner_silence

just give him some love :love:

11. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Jesse,

Sorry I can't offer any enlightenment. I have never encountered this problem. I would suggest that it is an Events Section only policy. If you were to post your question on the Suggestion and Question forum you would probably get a more enlightened answer.

12. sinner_silence

are you sure it's free? heh
    OF COURSE IT IS! I dont have any dollar to shed! :rolleyes:

13. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Was at a loss too...maybe you'll get your answers here :)

14. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

OK, sorry for the confusion i was doing my best to not get in trouble and basically was to broad. On this web forum Martial Arts Planet there is an Events Forum at the top. Now i mad a mistake and tried to post there for an event i am doing and it never went up. I tried again not understanding the rules to it and posted again. MAP wrote me and told me i could not post there because i too am a newbie. I was fine. A friend of mine who is helping with the seminar and is a reg. poster posted and it went up. During this time period i got an email telling me that nothing is free on that forum. it was quick and to the point. After it was listed i posted a response that was simple. That did not get posted. A day later a seminar went up and there have been 9 responses that were similiar to the one i tried to put up. So i guess i was frustrated and asked that question very poorly..
    Jesse

15. sinner_silence

oh now i get it. did you ask those peeves who manages the site? or either reply back to the email you received?

16. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Fair enough there... we have the rules about post limits in place because that area is a hotbed for attracting spammers.

From whom? I'm assuming it was not one of the MAP Staff?

The forum is moderated - unless your post count is over 50 (i think) you can't post there (AFAIK, this area is KickChick's and Freeform's baby really)

I know for a fact if someone doesn't meet the posting critera because they don't have enough posts or are too new, then can pay to post there ($10 I think). That is true, but its not true that nothing there is free. It depends if you meet the criteria or not.

Hope that answers your questions...