This is an invite

Discussion in 'Event promotion forum' started by bujingodai, Jul 17, 2013.

1. bujingodai

bujingodai Active teacher now. Supporter

Now, maybe. Not wise to do so. Bringing it up here.
    I am stating that, as an indie there is a seminar which will include I believe at this point 10 independent systems. Not all "Ninjutsu" however.
    Being held in Bethlehem PA end of Aug. 65.00 includes all food and seminar.

I know that there is little respect if any for any of the people there. But some have been mentioned here and it would be a hands on opp to see them and or feel their technique.

I have trained with a number of them. So, I'm biased and according to a number not educated enough to have an opinion. But this is a good invite opportunity.

I have not been to this seminar in a number of years now. I have taken a pretty serious backseat to any of this. I maintain 4 students only in my basement. When my deal is done with them. My path is complete in my current state.

However I have been asked to come do something this year and attend.

If you are interested please let me know I'll forward the info. but if you do, please come with an open mind not spears.

2. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Thanks for posting! I may be up in that area, is it an invitational for many different arts or just ninjutsu?

3. bujingodai

There are a number of arts involved. Ninjutsu, Aikijutsu, I believe there is some Kali as well. I've been asked to do the MC work, which is fine. I am limiting it to 30 min per teacher so that it is more a sampler. But it has been a pretty fine seminar in years past. I'll add a link here of a video if people want.

4. bujingodai

Aug 31 to be specific, actually both the day before and after as well. But the main training is done the Saturday.

5. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I wasn't inquiring in terms of teachers, just whether or not students of different arts would be welcome, or if this was a private 'just ninjutsuka' kind of deal.

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Which people?

And when you say little respect, are you referring to the ninjutsu people only or is there little respect for any of the instructors from other arts too???

Or by indepent systems did you mean independent ninjutsu mainly?

Is 65.00 for 1 day or all days? :)

7. bujingodai

65 is for all days.
    I am speaking of either the people or the systems. I am not aware however if the systems outside the Ninjutsu schools there, are part of a larger organization.

and yes, anyone is welcome to this event regardless of system, style or whatever.

8. gapjumper

I may be reading your tone wrong here. If so please accept my apology.

But

It almost seems like you feel embarrassed to mention who will be teaching and from what art.

Am I remotely close?

9. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

He can see me waiting to pounce. :D

10. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Good to see you getting back in the saddle Dave.

11. gapjumper

Almost "league of gentleman"-esque.

Scary. (if you do the voice)

12. hatsie

hatsie Active Member Supporter

Just a bit of a necro. How did it all go? Would you like to share any stories/ videos Dave?

13. armanox

armanox Kick this Ginger...

Hmm...wish I didn't miss this thread. I might have made the trip up there to check it out if it was indeed open to all style practitioners to attend, though it would have been a pretty good trek.