This could help some people

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Joshua3109, May 31, 2009.

1. Joshua3109

Joshua3109 New Member

I began the internal martial art Ling Kong Jing or better known as the empty force almost half a year back and have today started a blog talking about how I became interested in chi and so on. I have months of journals I kept recording my experiences with this Martial art and I think , no I know they could do you guys a TON of good but ahah you see I need hits for my blog because well it would take allot of time to write up my journal entry's and I want an audience to read them not just one or two people.
    So if you have any questions about the empty force ask them on my blog and I will answer as best I can using my knowledge.
    I will tell you now I dont know it all and dont pretend to, I just want to help people.
    Thanks, heres a link http://thetruthaboutchi.blogspot.com/

2. Joshua3109

Joshua3109 New Member

3. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Please don't bump threads, especially only half an hour after you've posted it and when there's only 30 or so members online.

4. Joshua3109

Joshua3109 New Member

Ill keep that in mind

5. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Empty force? For real? For really real?

6. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I think it's safe to say that the only reason this thread hasn't been closed for advertising is that it's going to get quite an interesting reaction from the regulars when you claim that being able to move someone with your mind (effectively) is possible. There are a few videos that you should probably watch if you think this sort of stuff actually works:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I"]Kiai Master[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdrzBL2dHMI"]Human stun gun[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSzSflkns8"]National Geographic's George Dillman investigation[/ame]

There are countless other examples of this sort of stuff failing to do anything when actually tested, but feel free to pop along to James Randi's $1M challenge to anyone with a psychic claim when you master whatever it is you're trying to learn.

Of course, if you want to learn stuff that actually works you're going to need to actually make contact with your attacker every time, so training to try and move someone without contact is effectively wasting your time for self defence purposes.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but far better for you if you give this up now than trying to rely on your chi powers...

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I've got a question - why do people get into this stuff instead of doing legitimate fight training?

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

They don't have to sweat?

9. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

There a guys who play guitar and there are air guitarists.

Same for martial arts. Just be sure which one you are.

regards koyo

10. Moi

Well it helped me. Laughter is always good

11. old palden

old palden Valued Member

I don't know how you guys can be so cynical about a seventeen year old with almost half a year of training....

Oh wait, maybe I do.

EDIT: According to his blog he read a book five months ago and has been practicing ever since....
    Now even I'm a little skeptical.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  12. Moi

Well I for one apologise as I thought he was old enough to know better.

To the O/P
    Join a gym and learn to sweat. This stuff is nonsense. There are no shortcuts

13. koyo

Come out to plaayeeee!!!!
    Orphans play air guitar.
    warriors play real guitars.:evil:

regards koyo

Attached Files:

14. Moi

What if you're really good at Guitar Hero?

(Nice reference)

15. koyo

guitar heroes get blow up dolls real guitarists on the othet hand cant go any further in case mrs koyo reads this post.:)

koyo

16. Moi

You've convinced me!

17. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Today I really like the idea of air martial artists, As I am sporting a rather fetching black bruise and separated ribs from someone sticking a blunt sword tip into my chest are very high speed and it hurts like hell. Added to that I got a 6 inch buise on my arm and minor cuts but that's just from being too drunk in a night club and falling over a table. So I think maybe this empty force thing is right up my street because this real life thing is killing me.

The Bear.

18. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

Although, of course, all empty force discussions have been done to death, I'll repeat for our OP that the general, rational consensus is that a, the only real 'empty force' we know of is a feint or classy footwork that causes an opponent to make a false move, and b, just to remind you, 'open minded' doesn't mean 'believe anything' - it means that we are open to real evidence, if you have it.

19. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I dunno FQ my personality can repell almost all decent clean living people within a 5 metre radius.

The Bear.

20. Taiwandeutscher

Taiwandeutscher Valued Member

I wish I had started with 17, something.