Things you've never done

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Simon, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

What haven't you done, than nearly everyone else has?

I've never watched a TV box set.

I've not seen all the Star Wars films.

I've not completed any of the Marvel film collections.

axelb and Travess like this.
  2. Travess

Travess The Welsh MAPper Supporter

I've never had a Mortgage

I never got a TB shot

and
    I've never read such blasphemy! :D

Travess

Southpaw535, Thomas, Shmook and 4 others like this.
  3. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

Simon, I think you’ve had a deprived life. Get yourself a box set of all the Star Wars movies quick!

There’s no point wasting your time with this useless martial arts malarkey, when you should be wisely investing your time watching Star Wars.

Frodocious and Smaug97 like this.
  4. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

I've never had a facebook account.

I haven't seen all the Star Wars films either; didn't bother with episodes 2 and 3 after watching episode 1. Also not seen most of the Marvel films, and none of the DC ones.

I've never had a mortgage either, but I don't think that's uncommon these days.

axelb and Simon like this.
  5. Travess

Too many folks still living with their Mum, watching end-to-end Star Wars / Comic book movie marathons...

Travess

Nachi, Southpaw535, axelb and 3 others like this.
  6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Never had a 9-5 job office job.
    Closest was when I worked for a film company but only in between filming.

Never had a driving licence... yet

Never understood soaps (Eastenders/Corrie/Neighbours etc) Atho Ive been in a some episodes in Hong Kong

Never gone camping. Like, proper under a tent and nature n stuff...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  7. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

I've never been drunk.

8. David Harrison

That's the saddest one yet! :(

And so have never had a hangover. I wonder how many extra days in your life you've got stuff done while other people were wasting time suffering from excess...

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Honestly coming up short on stuff I haven't done.
    Never been to north America
    Never been to a single proper game of rugby or cricket (and only ever 2 games of proper football)
    Only ever been to one concert (Prince doing his batman stuff in the late 80's)
    Never smoked a single regular cigarette

10. David Harrison

Only irregular ones?

Are they cheaper, like broken biscuits? :D

11. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Let's just say I went to university for 3 years but I am also aware of maps rules on talking about certain substances.

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've never danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.

axelb and Frodocious like this.
  13. Travess

But have ever rubbed another man's rhubarb?

Travess

axelb and Frodocious like this.
  14. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

I have not done any of those either...I have also not read any of the Harry Potter books and I have not seen all the Harry Potter films

15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

You know, I used to respect you both. But now ...

:p But, wow, man. Just ... wow.

That, sir, is sad. I'm almost crying. :(

So, um, I've never smoked anything -- cigarette, pipe, cigar, hookah, legal marijuana, illegal marijuana. Nothing. I will admit to some amount of curiosity, but not enough to make me try it.
    And I've never had a martini.
    Or a mortgage.
    Or gone bungee jumping.
    Or parachuting -- but I would like to do that someday. (Bucket List item.)

16. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Or too many people can't afford it because of the cost of living. Buying a house is ridiculously expensive in San Diego. The median price for a home somewhere around over half a million dollars. I live alone. No one to partner with for the cost. No way can I afford that. I work full time with a pretty decent government job. And I spend most of my spare time at my martial arts school, not watching marathons. But I can't afford a half a million dollar house. Period.

I could move. I know plenty of people moving out of state to be able to afford a house. But I don't want to live elswehere. I have lived here since I was a small child. Besides, I have a highly specialized job. And over 25 years of retirement benefits and all put into my job here. I work for the City of San Diego, so it isn't like I can transfer to another location.

Anwolf likes this.
  17. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I've never been interested in cars. Lots of people seem to be fascinated with performance cars, racing, etc. I got into bikes when I was young and cars just seemed so dull after that. I was chatting to an F1 enthusiast today who was telling me how close the racing was at times this season. I didn't have the heart to tell him that bike racers sometimes stand on the podium with black marks on their leathers where they've leaned on an opponent's tyre in a corner....

I've never been that interested in sports, beyond bike racing. Don't care about football, rugby, swimming, horse prancing or anything else really. Not even that fussed about watching competitive MAs. Most blokes seem to love watching sports, I have no idea why.

I don't watch TV much. I watch box sets with Mrs Mitch (Breaking Bad at the moment; I know, years behind), but beyond that it's a family gathering for Dr Who once a week and I'm not bothered about anything else.

18. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

So many things, and I will forget most of them, while typing :D
    Some I can copy:

I've never been drunk.

Never took drugs (tried a normal cigarette twice or so, but was disgusted by it).

Don't have a drivers license, despite it being useful no doubt. Also never got a ticket :rolleyes:;)

Never been in love (with a partner; I do love my Mom or my pets for example).

Never read an entire work by Shakespeare.

Have still no idea if "it girls" means I-T, so the single letters, or it-girls (as in he, she, it)

Never been in a real fistfight.

Never been really comfortable around many people.

Never been working, even though it's really nothing to be proud of at all.

Never been outside of Europe and there only countries rather close to Germany; England being the farthest away by far!

Never understood the hype around "Fight Club" as I knew rather early the "clou" of the movie.

Never remembered all I wanted to write :rolleyes:

One or two things too personal for the internet ;)

19. Vince Millett

Vince Millett Haec manus inimica tyrannis MAP 2017 Gold Award

I've never smoked anything or taken any illegal drugs.
    I have never eaten porridge.
    I have never tasted gin or martini or a Jagerbomb.
    I have never surfed.
    I've never learned to drive.
    I haven't seen all of the Star Wars films - they're basically pants.
    I've never heard an Ed Sheeran song (accidentally watched his cameo in GOT, though, but I don't count that).

20. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Huh?