Things To Do In Melbourne and the surrounding area?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Brian R. VanCis, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Brian R. VanCis

Brian R. VanCis Valued Member

Okay, I am heading to Melbourne soon and will be teaching a seminar as noted here in the event promotion area. I have some time to sight see so I am particularly interested in things to do in Melbourne, Sydney and the surrounding areas.

Right now I plan on trying to go and see the Twelve Apostles if there is good weather?

What would anyone else recommend? Restaurants, parks, etc?

2. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=things+to+do+in+melbourne+australia

https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q=markets+melbourne

3. Brian R. VanCis

GSHAMBROOKE,

Thanks for the links particularly the Top 10 one. I am thinking of a trip down the Great Ocean Road to see the Twelve Apostles. It is going to be hard to fit everything in but we are going to try! If you have a must see let me know!

4. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

I have traveled all over the world.

I hit 40 countries or so before I hit 18 and stopped keeping count after that.

I have had pizza on literally every settled continent.

The best pizza on the planet is at 857 Burke Road in Camberwell at Sofia's Pizza. At least it was as of ten years ago.

5. Brian R. VanCis

Hey philosoraptor,

Thanks for that advice I will definitely try to check it out!

6. GSHAMBROOKE

7. GSHAMBROOKE

I have travelled a fair bit to and so far Melbourne has the best Pizza and range of restaurant's that I've tried in any country, just pick a nationality or style of food and you will find a restaurant here that makes it.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I suggest you also pack a flamethrower aka spider repellant

9. GSHAMBROOKE

10. Brian R. VanCis

Looks great Gshambrooke and Philosoraptor! Thank you for all the links.

11. Brian R. VanCis

I am already meeting one MAP member if anyone else is available to chat or talk please do not hesitate to contact me!

12. Brian R. VanCis

We had a great time in Australia.

I taught the two day seminar which went great. Met Doug Tucker from MAP and chatted for a bit. Travelled the Great Ocean Road and saw the Twelve Apostles. Watched wild Kangaroos and fed a couple tame ones as well. Visited Sydney and the Opera house. Had amazing food and most of all met a bunch of wonderful Australians!

I have to say that Australia ranks as one of my favorite places to have ever been! Beautiful country and wonderful people!