The Zombie Apocalypse scenario

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sandninjer, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I was kinda joking...I'm not overly impressed with a lot of the new zombie films coming out of the USA & UK. They don't have the same feel in my opinion. The original Romero films had this feeling of despair/helplessness about them that the newer films really lack. I think you have to look to Europe (proper Europe) for your zombie and horror flicks these days.

Dead Snow was good. The toilet scene was funny...or gross. There's been a lot of decent horror films from the Nordics over the past few years. Let the Right One in was excellent, Next Door wasn't bad. I haven't seen the Finnish zombie film, War of The Dead, yet.

Lot of good stuff from Spain too.

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Oh I figured. ;)

I've seen some real donkeys from both the US and UK. The worst British zombie movie I've seen lately was "Doghouse." That's not to say I didn't enjoy bits and pieces of it.

Me neither. Must investigate.

Spain... Have I seen one from Spain... Not sure I have. Not a zombie movie anyway. Some good supernatural thrillers though.

What I have seen from Europe:

France: The Horde
    Germany: Rammbock

3. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

I was going to mention Doghouse as one of those bad zombie flicks! I prefer to avoid anything with Danny "So Cockney it hurts!" Dyer in it. The werewolf film, Dog Soldiers, from the UK wasn't bad.

Spain - You must have seen [REC]?

I did see this one from Spain a year or so ago and quite liked it. Not a zombie film, but...Quite good though. If you can remember the supernatural film, let me know.

The Horde was like The Raid, but French with zombies. :) People rave about Haute Tension, I never finished it. Haven't heard of the German one...I'll pick that up.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw Killing you softly

Worst zombie movies I've seen are Fido, Dead & Breakfast, Planet Terror, and Flight of the Living Dead.

Best zombie movies I've seen are The Walking Dead, The Dead Hate The Living, Zombieland, and Dawn of the Dead (Remake, 2004).

Beware of Zombies :eek:

The fact that a single bite or scratch can leave you eating brain matter is a very unnerving thought and, as such, close contact with the undead in any situation warrants extreme caution.
    Any zombie-inflicted wound in which the skin has been broken means one inevitable outcome – zombie infection.
    This must be avoided at all costs for the chances of a successful anti-virus being developed, amid the chaos such an outbreak would bring, are very slim.
    The time taken for the virus to completely takeover the host is highly variable, mainly depending on the severity and location of the injury.
    One bite for example, could take anywhere from several hours to a number of days for the individual to succumb to cannibalistic urges. :jawdrop:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  5. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

Take my family and my gun and hole up at my father-in-law's house in eastern Oregon. Whoever said "go live with rednecks" had the right idea. Low population density, high rates of gun ownership and competency, and widespread survival skills.

6. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

haha right? Living with rednecks was probably the single best comment in this thread so far.

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Indeed. Actually, I saw another zombie movie with him in it. Can't remember the name of it now. But it featured a brief cameo by Sean Pertwee. Starred... big bloke whose name escapes me at the moment. Used to be on "Prime Suspect."
    One of my favourite films ever. Now THAT'S how to make proper use of Sean Pertwee.

There you go! Right you are. I've seen REC1 and 2, as well as the American remake. Good man.

It really was, wasn't it. I hadn't thought about that, but yeah.

I've seen Haute Tension. It's technically good, though psycho movies hold far less fascination for me than monster movies.

8. komuso

komuso Valued Member

I have an epic plane flight from Australia to Capetown coming up soon, my viewing choices have just been made for me!

Thanks folks!

paul