The Yudansha Club.

Discussion in 'Karate' started by gorinnosho, Nov 6, 2011.

1. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Please don't flame me if this has been done, But i think with all the new Map members being graded into Dan grades, we (the Karate section of Map) should create a running tally of all the Dan graded karateka are on the boards.
    Maybe you could call it the Map Black Belt Register. I think it would give everyone (in the Karate section at least) a deeper appreciation for the wealth of knowledge that is on here.
    Rules: **you must be Of Shodan Ho (Jnr/Provisional/Black Belt) or above (1st-10th* Dan) to post.
    Please update if you grade.
    *I doubt there is any 10th Dans on here. but we'll soon find out.
    Please state:
    Name (if your brave, Username is OK too)
    Style
    Rank
    Organisation (Saito ****o Ryu, Jundokan, JKA, IOGKF...)
    Country of origin
    Name of your club/Dojo
    ** Hope this is within the terms and conditions (plz be nice mods.)
    please let me know if i missed anything.
    Here goes:
    Name: Sean (i'm not brave enough to put my full name)
    Style: ****o-Ryu
    Organisation: TJKN (Traditional Japanese Karate Network)
    Dojo: Toowoomba Koryukan.
    Thanks hope this takes off.

2. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I'll jump in - this could be a nice idea if it works.

Matt
    Shotokan
    Shodan (hopefully Nidan in march)
    Org. is in my signature
    UK
    Home dojo is where I live ;)

3. ArthurKing

ArthurKing Valued Member

Don't really see the need for this, just put your grade in your sig (maybe i'm just jealous 'cos i'm not Shodan yet- soon though...).

4. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

Personally I feel that one of the nice things about this forum is that people with any level of experience feel free to contribute. Less experienced individuals generally don't feel discouraged from piping up with their thoughts - which I think can be refreshing. In many dojo they would feel less free to do so.

Of course, that does result in some people who know jack mouthing off like they've seen it all, but after a while I think we all learn to see who's talking sense and who isn't.

Mike

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

That's one of the reasons I won't go off and create a Mudansha thread for kyus (or gups - or whatever non black belts are in your style)

Still, this thread isn't saying kyus can't help. this isn't a help thread. This just to pick out youdansha's. maybe its harmless. we'll see what mods and the admins think. No I won'tgo off and flame gorinosho (sorry about the spelling) I don't believe he made this for anything bad or to put down kyus. He just want to know who are the black belts.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  6. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

Oh I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I just don't really see the need.

Mike

7. righty

righty Valued Member

[​IMG]

8. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Well don't I look stupid now?!

Although to be fair, you have just pointed out to me that really all I've done is replicate my signature...

9. gorinnosho

gorinnosho Kendo Addict

Blade hit this nail on the head. maybe i should have said. "So.. i was wondering how many karate Black belts there are on map.

i don't think it will stop kyu grades asking questions or inputting experiance because after all everyone's is different. i mean does the fact theres heaps of boxing practicioners in the boxing forum stop a karate guy from asking a question or making a point?

and remember up untill a few months ago i was a kyu grade. i just though it'd be nice to have black belts known and new black belts posting about there gradings.

10. Meibukanadian

Meibukanadian Valued Member

Jaakko
    Meibukan Goju-ryu
    Shodan (for 3 days)
    I.M.G.K.A (International Meibukan Goju-ryu Karate Association)
    Canada
    Winnipeg Meibukan

Seems like a neat idea. I barely count as a black belt, simply want to see the depth of knowledge on these forums :)

11. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Shotokan - 1st Dan, was my first style. Currently just started Kyokushin to compliment my Ju-jitsu/Judo. Great to be back and my previous shotokan training proving its weight in gold along with my Muay Thai training for the kicking techniques.

Realised the other day how much I missed my Karate training.

Osu!

Dan93

Cognito Ergo Sum!