The whole site?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Andy Murray, Jul 31, 2003.

?

Which bits of MAP do you use?

Poll closed Jul 30, 2004.
  1. The Forum

88 vote(s)
    94.6%
  2. The Photo Gallery

28 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. The Chat Room

41 vote(s)
    44.1%
  4. The Magazine

22 vote(s)
    23.7%
  5. The Journal

24 vote(s)
    25.8%
  6. The Arcade

24 vote(s)
    25.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Do you members use every page of Map?

Do you realise there is a Photo Gallery?

Have you ever read the site magazine, with Articles and tips?

Or do you just come here for the Chat room and the Arcade?

2. Tosh

Tosh Renegade of Funk

The whole bleedin' ting!!!!!

'ave to say the Magazine has taken a back seat recently though!

3. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I use the lot thats why i like the site loads of interesting things on it.

Chat room is good for getting to know everyone and having a laugh

Good discussion on the forum

Photo gallery is also good

i like the magazine i'm sure it will grow through time

The journal is a good idea

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

.... or just to post (as most people I believe just come to do)

You're good Andy ;)

:D great thread to give new and old members the "heads up" on some of the special features that MAP offers to its members ... that many other martial art forums do not.

Me? the only feature that I do not use (but have tried) is the Arcade ... (unfortunately I am not good at playing games ;) )

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

what.... theres more than just a forum! :eek: :)

6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I use it all except the chat room -- and that's only because I haven't gotten around to it yet!

I stink at the arcade games, unfortunately. :D

7. morphus

morphus Doobrey

I've been through the whole lot ....as far as i know - i love MAP!:love:

8. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Hope you don't mind Andy but I have moved your thread to the survey section as I felt this should be on the home page as it gives me a good indication of who is doing what :D

Cooler

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I use everything, except the magazine. The forum's my fav, and I like the photo gallery, but I think more people should use it (hint, hint) :D

10. Cain

Cain New Member

I use the forum the most, sometimes I also check out the photo gallery and magazine though rarely about 3 times in two weeks.

|Cain|

11. Andy Murray

Only until it's time to be bad KC :D

12. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I like the photo's, the forum and the chat. i only read the mag when something catches my eye, but there hasnt been much new in there

13. thiaboxr2

thiaboxr2 New Member

Primarily the forum. There is always good info no matter what style is being discussed, wether its training techniques, drills to the history behind the arts. keep it coming.

14. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

he he...I use them all....though I haven't put any pics in the photo area yet, I still like to look at them. (my brother has all the pics we took and I can't get them from him:( ) But what I like most is the forums.

15. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

I use the entire site. Some parts more than others. There a lot of useful or interesting information throughout the site with the the chat is just fun.

16. Andy Murray

I'm dissapointed more members haven't mentioned the Site Magazine.

There's a lot of work gone into it already, but tell us what you want to see, and feel free to submit material.

Makes it better for everyone.

17. darlph

darlph New Member

I mostly read the forum. I have scanned the pics and hit the mag once or twice. I have only looked at a few individual journals. Yoda i don't know where he gets the time for all that he is into. The Arcade i avoid due to addiction of the Playstation. If someone intrigues me by their answers in the forum I go into members and check out their bio. I also use the members to review previous posts and any replies to such.

18. Ack! I didn't even notice that Martial Planet had an arcade!!!! It's really awesome!!! When did this happen! If it wasn't for this poll, I still wouldn't have known about it!

Fuzzy Panther
    :Angel:

19. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

I would like to see more technique stuff in there its kinda basic i'd like to see more of that too be honest.

20. Silver_no2

Silver_no2 Avenging Angel

I mainly use the forum, when I'm here :) , scan the photos occasionally and dabble in the arcade if I can find time!

One thing that I would like to change is the new posts since your last visit bit on the forum. I'm going to try and articulate what I would like to have happen but given my complete lack of computer knowledge it may turn out to be impossible....

When you go onto the forum it shows you how many threads and posts have been added since your last visit....which is grand. My problem with it is that you'll go in and have a look at half a dozen or so threads and then have to disappear off to do some work. When you log on later all the posts/threads that you never got a chance to read are, quite logically, no longer on the posts since last visit bit.

What I would like to see is some sort of function where you can tick/check the ones that you don't want to read and that the ones you are interested in stay there if you haven't had a chance to read them. I guess it would be a bit like the "Mark As Read" function on Yahoo. It would save me having to go through all the different areas, which takes up that much of my time that I don't get to respond to many....this then becomes a vicious circle!

Would also be handy to have a draft facility available so that you can leave a half type post and come back to it later. Particularly useful for people like me who tend to go on and on and on and on.....:D

What do people think....

Anyway, must dash!