The supposed death of a grandmaster?

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by KageAkuma, Feb 2, 2007.

1. KageAkuma

KageAkuma Valued Member

A friend of mine informed me today that he heard about some famous Ninjutsu grandmaster that died and left no successor.

Is this true? The only person I know of that this would possibly fit under would be Masaaki Hatsumi, but if that were the case I'd assume that there would be some mention of it on here. Yet I find nothing.

Anyone know of someone who died or is my friend just misinformed?

2. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

I presume your friend was referring to Fujita Seiko, who was supposedly the last person to claim Sokeship of Koga Ryu Ninjutsu with any kind of authenticity.

3. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Could also be Glen Morris I guess

4. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

Glen Morris has a successor. (and isn't a ninja grandmaster ;) )

5. Al Bundy

Al Bundy Warrior Poet

Agreed on the grandmaster part, but you know what rumours are like. :rolleyes:

(Missed the bit about leaving no successor)

6. Paragonfortytwo

Paragonfortytwo Resident Wierdo.

ooh, meowww! ;)
    Yes, Glenn has a sucessor and he's a reallly nice chap. Check the link in my sig for his bio.
    Next time anyone is at Noda Hombu, check the kamidama for new additions. You might be surprised.

Jen.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  7. Paragonfortytwo

Look on the pretty shelf at the front of Hatsumi-soke's dojo. :D

Hugs, Jen.

8. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Edit:

'Gord also traveled to Japan in August 2006, where he successfully tested in front of the Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu Grandmaster for the rank of Godan (5th degree black belt) and title of Shidoshi in Budo Taijutsu.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  9. benkyoka

benkyoka one million times

For the benefit of all those unable to make it to Hombu, why don't you tell us what they would be able to see on the Kamidana, at the front of the Hombu. The only thing I remember seeing there were some candles and lanterns, pictures of Takamatsu, and a lot of greenery.

10. Paragonfortytwo

I'm sure someone who goes there regularly could take a camera and we can all play "spot exhibit A".
    lol. :D Whaddaya want? hehehe, spoonfeeding? ;)

And, yes, Gord Hessie-soke, Hoshinroshiryu; Shidoshi, Godan, Bujinkan is a student of Hatsumi-Soke's. ;) As was Dr. Glenn J. Morris-soke, Hoshinroshiryu; Shidoshi, Judan, Bujinkan. Confused? lol, it's very simple really. The Boss is the Boss. Politics are an inconvenient diversion. I don't know of any Hoshin yadansha who are not joint members. Fun, huh? ;)
    Hugs, Jen.

11. moisiss

moisiss Valued Member

When did Glen Morris die/what did he die from? I read his book "Pathnotes of an American Ninja Master"... I enjoyed it quite a lot...

12. Paragonfortytwo

Glenn passed into the Void on the morning of April 1st last year, age 60. Heart attack at home in bed. Left his 25 year old wife. We all really miss him. :love:

The Hoshinroshi Ryu is now under soke Gord Hessie. Follow links in my sig for what is currently going on with the continuation of Glenn's teachings about Budo and Kundalini in the US, Canada and UK. Feel free to email me any time if you have any questions about Glenn's work, books, random assorted stuff, etc. Pop over to Bujinkan Yorkshire thread, where Kokoro Hoshin TG hang out. (shameless plug)! :D

Jen.

13. moisiss

moisiss Valued Member

Oh wow... that sucks.... To anyone who knew him: I am sorry for your loss. He seemed like a very cool guy.

Thanks for the info... I will check out the links when I get home.

14. Paragonfortytwo

Thanks Moisiss. He lives on in his teachings and the hearts of his students. If you've read his books you'll know what I mean. Very VERY cool guy! ;) :Angel:
    Jen.