The Style of Monk Wong

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by FightHero, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Do you have any idea how big the mountain ranges are in China. You cannot give out a mountain range name, because he lives there. Heck my Taiji shifu is very old school and does not advertise and does not publicise his location, but I can say he is in New York State....hardly a threat to his privacy. Studied briefly with another old School shifu in Dachangquan, don't think saying he in in New York City is a threat to his privacy either. Meant a Xingyiquan Shifu in Beijing....you cannot locate any of them with that information, nor would it upset any of them that i had said that either. Mountain ranges in China, if it helps, Himalayas, Kunlun, Taihang, Qilian, etc. to name a few.

Ok is it a mountain range near Henan?

Does Monk Wong refer to Master Yang as "Grandmaster"?

你会说中文吗

什么方言

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Mushroom and axelb like this.
  2. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

He rarely talks of Master Yang at all - I have no idea why this matters so much to you.

3. Xue Sheng

I did not ask if you talk to him, I asked if your teacher refers to him as Grandmaster... and it matters, if you are truly Traditional Chinese Martial art. Also I edited my previou post there are other questions there

4. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

I haven't heard him speak of him in a long time - as you are getting quite upset on this point I will ask Monk Wong and report back. The mountains in question = the Himalayas.

More interestingly than these points however, I will tell you how Monk Wong became known as the 'True Warrior of the East' if that's of interest?

5. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Cool story bro.

Needs more dragons.

Honestly the days of smoke and mirrors are long gone.

Today's martial artist is honest and open, they cross train and they share to improve themselves and their students.

Anything else should be ignored.

You have your 5 minutes of fun, but honestly it stinks.

axelb, Dan Bian and Xue Sheng like this.
  6. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Oh, I understand a fair amount regarding stance-training. I'm just questioning you because you claim to be a Master, and state that you can explain more if required, then are unable to explain anything beyond broad generalisations that I'm not sure you fully understand yourself.

I wasn't there at the creation of the universe, but I can still call shenanigans on the creation myth.

What a world your Monk Wong lives in where blackbelts invade his home shouting "scoundrel", and "upstarts" try to murder him with a sword.

We don't know you.
    We don't know your fictional Monk Wong.
    Don't expect to get a penny out of anyone here.

7. Xue Sheng

I'm not upset at all, it is just after many years of training Traditional Chinese martial arts, I tend to take it seriously. There are questions I asked, that you did not answer, or did not understand (2 were in Chinese). You want me to believe Monk Wong lives in the Himalayas and sets up pages, free webpages, with little info and dead links. Also, unless Monk Wong is in the Himalayas of Bhutan, which by the way did not allow outsiders in all that often, there are no Tigers in the Himalayas...leopards yes, but they are in the high mountains, where tigers are not and they are quite rare and called snow leopards. Tigers are extinct in China outside of zoos

As for the "Grandmaster" question you have not answered. There are no Grandmasters in China, that is a title they adopted for us in the west. Two Chinese martial artists, from China meet and one refers to the other as a Grandmaster, you best duck and cover because one just called the other one a fake. That bit might help you the next time you get questioned on your story

As for True warrior of the east...meaningless, outside of s few fiction books and I think a video game or two

Sorry, I am likely violating the TOS and I apologize to MAP for that, but I take this type of thing very seriously

Shmook, Simon and Dan Bian like this.
  8. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

LOL, nice troll job! You really captured the 90s fanboy storytelling method, but you took the story a bit too far if you wanted anyone to think you were actually trying to fool people rather than just having fun with everyone.

Still, a good laugh, so welcome to MAP.

9. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Well if there are no more questions, I will proceed (ignoring the attacks).

Another feature of our style is we train the phoenix eye with a slightly different fist formation to the Shaolin southern schools - instead of wrapping the thumb into the fist for the projected index finger, we have it pressing on the outside of the index finger (with the index still protruding). Note to all beginners: all phoenix eye shapes require training - if you attempt to strike without having done basic conditioning you will injure yourself.

We also have an iron shirt system and ultimately golden bell - which you can also find in many of the internal styles. I came across these methods one day when I was meditating at the temple. Monk Wong was striking his body with his hands and it made a terrible racket (thus interrupting my meditation). I asked him about this method and he told me to take one of the staff weapons and strike him with all my force. I did and he didn't even flinch. He said this skill proved very useful when he was in Hong Kong fighting the gangs.

I'm very happy to share some of his experiences using these methods as proof of the authenticity of our school.

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You know you'll get banned for spouting crap, right?

11. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Discussing phoenix eye strikes and iron shirt?

12. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Do go on...

Attached Files:

13. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

And we are done.

Fun while it lasted.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Awww I missed all this!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.