The Style of Monk Wong

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by FightHero, Apr 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Allow me to introduce myself.

As a child I became interested in martial arts after seeing a fight between a modern day ninja and a grandmaster of Wudan style kung fu on the street. It was a battle for honour and it ended in a draw, with both warriors bowing as a sign of respect. It got me thinking - how can I become this deadly and this wise?

A year later I made my decision - I would leave behind the terrestrial pleasures of the flesh and go to the warrior temple in the forest. I arrived and knocked on the temple door. It swung open and there he was, the world famous Monk Wong. “Child be gone” he commanded. “Nay sire, I am here to learn your style” - “Be gone” he commanded thrice, but I refused, bowing my head like a tiger before a leopard.

Monk Wong accepted me as a student and taught me the ways of the fist. After five years of training in total silence, I asked, “Monk Wong - why must I train? Surely the power of the warrior lies in the spirit?” Monk Wong turned to me, whispering, “Come hither child” and led me into the secret library of the temple. It was here I learned the ways of the mind.

All of this was many years ago. I have finally come back to the western world and I am here to prove my style is the mightiest. I am willing to answer any and all questions and fulfil my legacy.

Yours,

Fight Hero

2. BJJ Enthusiast

BJJ Enthusiast New Member

Sounds like utter bullshido to me—never heard of Monk Wong or this style. Does the style even have a name or clear origin? Is there a video of any forms or sparring?

3. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Let me address all these points.

1. Monk Wong has deliberately hidden from the limelight but is actually one of the deadliest (and noblest) warriors on the planet. One time during my training, ten karate experts (all 5th Dan black belt) broke into the temple and shouted, “Scoundrel!” at Monk Wong (because they were envious of his skills). He defeated them all with one hand. You might think this sounds far fetched but I witnessed it with my own eyes.

2. The style traces back to Shaolin but is Monk Wong’s family style. He was one of two students of Master Li - the other being Abbot Wu, who went on to muddy his style.

3. Monk Wong considered videos to be a tool of the unwise. We therefore have no videos of any forms or sparring. However, I can offer you a private introduction to the school via Zoom if you like?

Fight Hero

4. BJJ Enthusiast

In response to your claims—

1. I'll believe that when I see it.

2. Haven't heard of any of these guys and I thought I had a decent historic knowledge of the notable Shaolin practitioners. Can't find anything on Google either. Very skeptical.

3. Why not. I'll send you a PM now—will be interested to see this so-called style.

5. ned

ned Valued Member

This story sounds all ... Wong.

Methinks you have confused reality with an 80's video game though I suspect you weren't even born then.

Ask mummy to set you some more school work to help keep you occupied.

Shmook likes this.
  6. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Interesting how you've immediately become resentful and offensive just because you've never had the chance to train with Monk Wong. What style do you practise? Let's try to have a dignified conversation as two masters of the Chinese styles.

7. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

Lockdown has hit you hard, huh?

axelb likes this.
  8. Dan Bian

Also,
    Do tigers often bow to smaller, weaker leopards?

You're here to prove your style is the mightiest - where abouts are you located?

axelb likes this.
  9. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Who says you are a "master"?

10. Dan Bian

Personal attack removed.

11. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Guys I'm watching this closely.

You are all subject to the terms and conditions you agreed to when joining MAP.

BJJ Enthusiast and Dylan9d like this.
  12. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Hi everyone.

Many thanks for your support Simon. I will address these points -

1. Tigers and leopards: let me tell you a story. I was once travelling through the mountains when I saw a young heron, bathing in a stream. How noble, I thought, as the bird washed itself and looked for fish. Out of nowhere a tiger leapt and tried to seize the bird. It pecked and clawed the tiger, which was unable to dominate his feathery foe. Then, like a bolt of lightening, a leopard leapt from a nearby bush onto the heron, killing it in one fell swoop. The tiger understood; while he had relied purely on ferocity, the leopard had used his wisdom. The tiger bowed down to the leopard, who offered half the bird as a peace offering.

2. Where am I? I’m in central London in my own training temple that I have set up. Where are you all based?

3. Who says I’m a master? Monk Wong - not sure you can really argue with that.

I’m very happy to continue discussing the finer points of Kung Fu! Tell me, which styles do you all practise?

Fight Hero

13. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Man, I don't think troll threads are allowed on this site but I laughed so well done! You wouldn't believe how many teenagers come to sites like these with similar expectations/fantasies.

axelb and Xue Sheng like this.
  14. Simon

@FightHero, you are subject to the same ToS as everyone else.

My post wasn't in support of anything you said.

Right now you are posting fairy stories and it won't be allowed to go on much longer.

I'd suggest that you post some links to substantiate your claims, or the thread risks being closed.

Xue Sheng likes this.
  15. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

I came across alot of folks during my time training and I haven't met any masters yet.

Since your story isn't very credible to me I wont consider you as a master unless proven otherwise.

So you are always welcome in my school in Holland to prove me wrong.

I practise a mix of Silat, Kali, Krav Maga and Kickboxing.

P.S.: maybe best to stop the fairytales.

16. FightHero

FightHero Banned Banned

Here is the website for Monk Wong:

MOD Note. We believe this to be nonsense and would advise against buying or paying for any services from the site. It's therefore been removed.

I am happy to discuss our style in detail.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2020
  17. BJJ Enthusiast

FYI all—I've actually booked in a Zoom call with 'FightHero', out of interest. We are meeting at 13:30 GMT (it turns out we are both based in the UK). I'll let you all know what the demonstration is like...!

Dylan9d and hewho like this.
  18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

You'll forgive me if I'm a little suspicious given that you've both made accounts today....

ned, bassai, Xue Sheng and 1 other person like this.
  19. Simon

And the website is a hashed together site by FightHero, not his instructor.

It says nothing and is incomplete.

axelb and Xue Sheng like this.
  20. Dan Bian

You personally witnessed this?

I'm based in north Kent. Relatively local to London.

Since you havent actually qualified who "Monk Wong" is, nor given any indication of actual ability - I'm pretty certain we can argue with it.

I have experience in a range of styles; Karate, TaeKwonDo, Jujutsu, though my main focus these days is in the Chinese Neijia arts of Baguazhang, XingYiQuan and particular focus on Taijiquan.

The website is terrible, and contains precisely zero information.

If you're happy to discuss your style in detail, please begin.
    Stances?
    Forms?
    Theories?
    Principles?
    Jibengong?
    Li Gong?
    What is the route of your meditation practice? How does it tie in with your martial art practice?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.