the sparring adventures of hewho!

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by hewho, Dec 20, 2013.

1. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

And it's a lot of fun.

2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Definitely. :)

Although expect to walk away sore after every session for the first 6 months at least!

3. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

If a joint isn't pushed beyond its normal range of motion at least one every session, you're not doing Judo.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Judo is 3 or 4 quid a session, and when I went there, there was olympic squad members regularly there.

5. Convergencezone

Convergencezone Valued Member

Instead of trying to find a new club, you could always try to get some more people to join yours.

6. hewho

hewho Valued Member

We do very very light contact. And yes, she throws incredible punches!

Like I say, when I get some income I'll look around more clubs, but for now there is a reasonable deal at MMA in Ketley, which means I'll be striking and grappling :)

We have had a recruiting push, speaking to schools and friends, but very few people are interested

7. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Ask the mma class their credentials, not all gyms are worth training at.

8. ned

ned Valued Member

You might well find there is some "fresh meat" in the new year as people
    resolve to make a change and shift a few pounds.But it sounds like it's time for pastures new for you too.

9. hewho

hewho Valued Member

So tomorrow is my first day at an MMA gym, planning to train 3 days a week (works out at3 MMA sessions, two no GI, one open mat :) ) really looking forward to it, and only slightly nervous! ;) will post how I get on, thanks for all the support :)

10. hewho

hewho Valued Member

I went, it was great!! Small group, drilled some takedowns, did some padwork, few rounds of stand up sparring (struggled with stance, the guys were nice) last second of the last round landed a lucky side kick, which winded my opponent (although I think he had been holding back tbf)

Drilled some groundwork (found it very difficult) then did some rolling...got tapped a lot!!
    All in all lots of fun! I'll be back Tuesday! Hewho out!