The "So There" Thread

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

MA-related: Yesterday was a kids-seminar I arranged with my own Sensei being the instructor for the kids.
    The kids had tons of fun, so did he - and I found it thrilling to see, how similar "my" style is to his, when training children.
    So obviously it's probably less *my* style, but more that I picked up his way of teaching - which is working rather well, so I am satisfied with it.

And he is, that he taught me that as well.
    So there!

Not so much MA-related: Last week I could't make it too any class aside from two kids-classes, and I will have to go less often for the next few weeks to come.
    Because the doggy moved in last Sunday :)
    Today was his first day at a puppy-school - and he's being so done with the day, because if it, it's kind of cute ;)

IMG_20180528_005452557-2.jpg
    IMG_20180528_151239418-2.jpg

2. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Cuuuute! :)

Latikos likes this.
  3. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Thanks very much :)
    And he seems to have a little intelligence after all :D

At least he came running in school from roughly 20m away, when I called him - made the instructor there be a little impressed :cool:
    Well, I think anyway.
    *I* was proud of him!

Mitch and Nachi like this.
  4. Tom bayley

Tom bayley Valued Member

I am off to Sulawesi and beyond for six weeks of snorkelling, diving, and kung fu practice - so there!

Vince Millett and Latikos like this.
  5. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Aaaaaah, no fair! :mad:

... enjoy the holiday, though! :)

6. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Nice!
    A friend of mine does diving as well.
    He used to clean the shark tank in the local zoo even, which I thought to be incredibly cool! Than again, I like sharks, so...

7. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

You can go off people you know...

:D

Enjoy!

8. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

Just bought a Groupon to do an off road electric motorcycle experience - eek - and booked my annual holiday to do a tour round some of the Greek islands. :)

Lily and Simon like this.
  9. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Well I'm going to log off and go play my Ukulele..so there

Vince Millett likes this.
  10. Mitch

Jealous! Tell us all about the off road day. Erm... you do know that off road bikes are pretty tall, right?

11. Mitch

I went to the MAP Meet and enjoyed a whole load of people training together and enjoying their MA, whilst we raised more than £600 for charity. My weekend wins :)

Lupi Lou, Lily, Van Zandt and 2 others like this.
  12. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Ya, that is hard to top. I do think you win. :)

I showed up for a 7 am sparring session this morning to help a guy prepare for his Joe Lewis Fighting Systems test. We did 3 rounds of boxing with all punches 66-75% power. Maybe 80% a few times. That was a ridiculous way to start the day, but it sure woke me up, and I think I'm better for it. Except that my nose hurts a little bit from a punch I didn't block. :p

Mitch likes this.
  13. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I checked with them and they have smaller bikes for the kiddies (and me)! :) It's this place - Electric Off Road Riding Centres | E-SCAPE

Mitch likes this.
  14. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Going to a major MMA gym this weekend to spar with pros and world class fighters. Getting a lift with a UFC fighter which is awesome.

Dunc, StooXex, Frodocious and 4 others like this.
  15. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

That whole scenario is all-around awesome!! ::applause::

16. Vince Millett

Vince Millett Haec manus inimica tyrannis MAP 2017 Gold Award

I just booked a place on a BJJ training camp in Heidelberg, Germany, for a week in August. Six days of world level tuition from about 20 instructors, 250 participants, for a mere 249 Euro. Obviously travel and accommodation to be added also but...

https://www.bjjglobetrotters.com/fallcamp2018

So there!

17. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I've got probable bulging disc at L3/L4 so there! Oh...hang on...that's not a good thing. :(

18. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

I just caught Mew on the original pokemon red.

Van Zandt and Hannibal like this.
  19. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That's unfortunate, but it's not a death sentence. Bear in mind that damage doesn't equal pain and pain doesn't equal damage. So even if a scan shows your disc looks like the Death Star after it got blown up by the rebel scum, don't think you're suddenly a cripple. And don't rush into surgery even if your doc pushes for it. And read Stuart McGill's back books.

Smitfire and David Harrison like this.
  20. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

^^^ This!

If your GP wants to refer you to a consultant for surgery straight away, demand a referral for an assessment by a physio first.

Smitfire likes this.