The Richard Sandrak disscussion! 10 years old martial arts/body builder!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MATT_LIQUID, Jun 22, 2003.

1. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I have no interest in this freak.

What happened to childhood? Play? This kid is gonna have major "issues" when he's older.

2. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

yeh I agree he could kill his parents if he wanted to now he's a machine!

3. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

I may be totally wrong here, but I was always told heavy lifting was bad for the bones while you were still growing.

If that's true, then this kid could be crippled in a few years.

Any thoughts?

4. YODA

I agree - his parents should be ********* locked up.

5. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

he only squats the bar as the weight will crush his spine! He squats for 30 minutes in a smith.

I can picture his dad shouting "I'll kill U if U stop squating", he replies "mam plz", she shouts at him "listen to your father u lil sh**".

6. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

You really don't know that matt. Think about it though, he takes college classes and holds some Dans? I seem to think he is an adult with a baby face. If he is a child it would be rough, I wouldn't want any child to lift weights before the age of 13, mabey mild excercises getting out of the house and swimming or running sometimes, but not the stuff he does. Plus all of his friends are probably adults. I wonder how many friends he has who are 10? That is an important age where children should interact with other children and learn how to handle themselves socially, he skipped that stage so that could be a bad thing when mom or dad tells him to go to his room and he kicks both of their asses.

7. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

"when mom or dad tells him to go to his room and he kicks both of their asses."

raoflmfao

8. JediMasterChris

JediMasterChris Columbo

I would be afraid to have him as a child. I wouldn't argue with him.

9. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

I have to agree. he is the strongest pound for pound human in the world and he has the fastest kicks and punches

10. Andy Murray

He's a young boy!

11. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

he's a machine

12. Cain

Cain New Member

A kid, man, I think Mike's hit the nail straight on the head, the kid could have probs in the future...

|Cain|

13. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-I know that I'm pretty new to this board and probably shouldn't be this open and honest, but some of you guys are truly pathetic. I have lost a great deal of respect for some of the people here after reading this thread. I know Richard and his parents. Richard is the third generation of his family to be trained like this. He has been on a healthy training and nutrition program all his life. Pavel started him stretching as a baby(6 mos. if I remember right) and he has never tasted junk food in his life. Child abuse? This is what is good for him and healthy. If anyone is guilty of child abuse, it's all the parents who allow or force on their kids the junk food and allow them tto become lazy and obese. Richard grew up in this atmosphere and he's very happy with it. I grew up watching my instructor's son, Ernie Reyes, Jr., as a prodigy and all the idiots said the same things. I am now watching his young daughter, Destiny(7), amaze the audiences. And her little sister(5?) and brother(not yet 3) are already going in the same direction. Are these kids forced? No. They are in this enviroment every day and this is what they grow up knowing and enjoy it. They are encouraged, but not forced at all. Richard now performs w/ our demo team and Pavel has taken over the nutrition for my insructor. Is it working? Look at the cover of the March 2003 issue of BLACK BELT magazine w/ KJN Ernie Reyes on the cover. He's 57 and his condition and definition in that shirtless pose blows away virtually anyone half his age. In fact, MA"s are always raving about Bruce's condition(and no disrespect towards one of the great pioneers), but compare Bruce at his best to KJN Ernie in spite of his age. I don't agree w/ all of Pavel's views on nutrition, but there are some examples of the results. Finally, grow up and quit gossipng like a bunch of old ladies and if you are jealous; shaddup and train harder.

14. YODA

Amazing - I know you enough to believe what you say. But I still think it's sad and I still stand by what I said ealier....

What happened to childhood? Play?

How old IS he now?

15. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Hey

I'll say one thing I would have loved a physique like that at that age. Also I loved the childhood I had.

So long as the kids happy thats the main thing also as for damage to his body etc, he could still be a stunning martial artist without that build even at that age.

Still he does look impressive and so long as it is encoragement and not force then its all good.

SONSHU

16. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-Richard is eleven now. His father was raised basically the same way and has some different views on nutrition and training than the mainstream. He does have some data to back it up and so far the results speak for themselves. Personally, I don't agree with him on a lot of areas, espescially in nutrition. However, I could be wrong and he could be a visionary. As far as play, ect. Richard is a very gifted young boy who from my observations (I am basically in the "inner circle", but my school is out of state. I come in for trainings and events for about 2-4 wks/ yr.) seems very happy, has a lot of fun and is extremely well adjusted. He enjoys to excel and does not seem to be really pushed by his parents, but more supported and encouraged. He does do fun "kid-stuff' too, but really enjoys developing his potential. If I got a little short before, it's because 1)I thought a bunch of MA's should be the first to understand this rather than gossip and back bite. 2) I was 13 when Ernie, Jr. began training at 5 and watched him grow up when he began training. I watched him grow an(most of the time) love what he did. It would have been more of a punishment to him if you held him back or told him he couldn't train today. When he started doing demos and blowing people's minds, then this kind of talk began. When he destroyed the kids his own age in sparring and forms, we put him into the adult black belt divisions in forms(obviously at 8 he wasn't going to fight them.). When he started winning in the adult black belt professional divisions, the gossip and back biting really took off. When Hollywood came knocking, it became ridiculous. His father supported and encouraged him to an incredible degree, but it's what Ernie really wanted to do. With a passion. Now, I am seing this happen with his baby sisters and brothers. With his younger brother Lee(25-26), he is awesome, but he never had quite the same desire and that was fine. He did and does his own thing and his own person/man. His father supports his goals and he didn't try to push him where he didn't want to go. My impression has been the same for Richard and his family. BTW- Richard's little sister is just like him athletically/

17. Andy Murray

I'd say we're lucky to have your perspective here KJ.

I'd never heard of the kid before.

I do have a couple of concerns though, one being heavy weight training with a undeveloped skeletal frame. If you have thoughts on this let us know.

My other concern is Richard being some kind of role mfdel for other kids, who might try and emulate his feats and physique without the guidance of the experts he has around him.

18. YODA

Good points Andy - especially emulation by others. Another concern of mine is the validity fo a life focused on external appearance and peformance - not sure how healthy emotionally that is for ANY of us - never mind a child.

However - I'm sure rethinking my position now that we have some informed opinion of the forum - Thanks KJ :D

19. khafra

khafra New Member

Argh, I hate to say this now that Kwan Jang's already established the fact, but I hadn't read the thread until now--people with very high IQs tend to be physically gifted also, the genetic gifts just come together often somehow.
    If he was on steroids at his age, they would either be testosterone or dihydrotestosterone analogues, or nandrolone analogues. The former would give him lots o' body hair and acne, the latter would expand his internal organs and give him the "turtle belly" that you see on a lot of older bodybuilders and some of today's TV wrestlers. I believe he's just an extraordinarily genetically gifted child who's trained hard and held to a high standard by his parents, which I couldn't speak for the effects of positively or negatively.

20. MATT_LIQUID

MATT_LIQUID New Member

what martial art does he study?