The return of American Gladiators!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Davey Bones, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

2. DirtyHarry

DirtyHarry Warrior

omg i saw this on tv and i was like !!!!! sweeeeet

3. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

Nooooooooooooooo!

That show was horrible.

Unless, under the new show, the gladiators can actually rip people. Same for the contestants. THEN, it might be worth watching...

4. doc97

doc97 Valued Member

Gina Carano will also be on. I think her name will be Crush? I think overall all, it should be entertaining. Maybe the contestants will have to enter an MMA fight with her! Now that would be good television!!! Plus Hulk Hogan and Leila Ali as annoucers, it should be fun to watch. Will have to see how many times Hogan says "brother" in the commentary.

5. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Gladiator names include: Hammer, Justice, Mayhem, Militia, Titan, Toa, and Wolf on the men's side, with Blast, Crush, Fury, Helga, Siren, Stealth, and Venom being the names of the female Gladiators (pulled off wiki as the NBC site is not being updated).

And you are correct, Gina Carano is "Crush". Mike O'Hearn is "Titan", not sure about the others except that "Siren" will NOT be the deaf woman from the original run, just as Mike O'Hearn was "Thor", not "Titan" in the original series.

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Great, awesome even.

Even better to have a female gladiator named "Helga."

7. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

You missed the most important bit of all. Hulk Hogan is the host!!! :rolleyes: The original show was fun for the first few episodes then it just got boring. Maybe they'll find a way to keep this version intersting. How? :confused:

8. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Hulk Hogan AND Laila Ali.

As for interesting, well, several events now involve water. Spandex and water is always a good combination for the eyes when it comes to well-built athletes.

9. Lily

Lily Valued Member

LOL, I used to love this show as a kid (the UK gladiator).

They need to give the Gladiators names like Petal and Kitten.

10. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

or Cuddles......

11. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

well, since I am completely OCD about this show...

http://www.americangladiatorsblog.com/

and the full cast, containing MMAers, kickboxers, WWE superstars, IBFF competitors, and judokas (Mike O'Hearn).

Male Gladiators
    Titan - (Mike O’Hearn)
    Justice - Jesse Smith
    Mayhem - William Romeo
    Militia - Alexander (Alex) Castro
    Toa - (Tanoai Reed)
    Wolf - Don “Hollywood” Yates

Female Gladiators
    Siren - (Valerie Waugaman)
    Venom - (Beth Horn)
    Crush - (Gina Carano)
    Stealth - (Tanji Johnson)
    Helga - (Robin Coleman)
    Fury - (Jamie Reed)

Alternate Gladiators
    Hammer - (Michael Briehler) - Biography
    Blast - (Jennifer Barry) - Biography

12. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Ok, I just saw an interview with Justice and Helga and I can really do without ever seeing her in spandex again!!! Also she had a manlier voice than Justice and just about every other man I've ever heard speak. EEWWWW!!!

13. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

worth watching just to see Gina ;)

14. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Yep, it was horrible and you know it was scripted. I mean they have referee that act like they are doing something. :p

The woman looks like she may have been hit in the jaw one to many times.

15. Davey Bones

Davey Bones New Member

Well, according to the blog I posted a link to, Helga may be out for the count and we may bet to meet the female alternate (Blast) sooner than later. Apparently she blew out her knee on the Gauntlet.

16. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I think I caught the same clip on an entertainment show that 19thlohan did. That woman was scary.