The Rat Files

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Rataca100, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Place holder more than anything for a training log by me. It would most likely be what i eat for the most part at the start and more undetailed than the other ones as i more or less impulsively do it. So, just for intrest sake i will list the exercises i usually did or am planning on doing and what i have eaten so far today. Just as a note i usually go to sleep at around 1-3 AM and wake up at 10-12AM. I also dont know the names for everything i do, so i may need to describe them.

12/09/17

Exercises(planned):
    Warm up:
    Jogging on spot
    Jumping jacks
    Jumping on spot
    Jogging/walking from one end of training area to another
    Squats (to stretch legs)
    Okinawa rattle? (where i rotate my upper body to one side then the other at slow to moderate speeds)
    rotating my ankles
    Rotating my wrists
    ^ Forearms
    ^Arms from shoulders
    Somtimes do push ups on the wall
    Stretching by (lack of better words) trying to bend to one side and extend my arm over my head as much as possible to reach some imaginary object on the opposite side to the arm.
    I also do air kicks, knee strikes, punches and elbow strikes sometimes.

Exercises(planned):
    Dumbell curls with 5kilo weights
    Squats with dumbells same weight
    Dumbell presses (?) from the shoulder upwards
    Holding dumbells at my sides and lifting my arms like im doign a jumping jack
    Okinawa rattle with dumbells
    Do above without dumbells
    Kettle bell exercies with a 8kilo
    Holding it infront of my outstreched
    Squats
    All other ones are suspecnded until ilearn proper technique and can do it reliably to avoid damaging myself.
    Jogging/running from one side of the area to the other. (arbitary amount of times)
    Lean against a wall and do air back kicks
    above but side kicks
    Bag work(just striking it)
    Shadow boxing sometimes
    And i SOMETIMES do form practice

Diet:
    Breakfast/dinner:
    Southern fried chicken pre made wrap from tescos
    Mountain dew (500ml)
    Partial bottle of Dr Pepper (full sugar, 500ml)
    Majorty packet of tic tac's (100 packet)

That is all for now, will put a update on diet and if i actually exercise today and what i did later.

2. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

As i forgot to out it above the classes that are "planned" are: Boxing, GTUK TKD, "functional strength" personal trainer and a gym. Might as well put shooting, fencing/HEMA and archery on that list as well. Will edit as it grows and will put the class in the log as everyone else does.

3. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Exercise for today:

Warm up:
    Jumping jacks
    Jumping on spot
    jogging/walking on the spot
    Okinawa rattle thing
    squats
    rotating wrists, elbows and shoulders
    elbow strikes

exercise:
    jogging in my little area the length 10 times, counting it from when i start from point A and get back to point A its 3-6 meters no more than 7 i would say
    10 bicep curls with a 5kilo weight for each arm
    Rest (no more than a few minuets)
    10 dumbell presses same weight then 5 immediately after doing both arms at once.

i started aprox 14:58 and finished aprox 15:11

There is going to be a short walk at 18 Something either before or after my Tea (tea as in the meal, not the drink)

have a varing annoying cramp in my right hand now and didntdoa side stretch before doing the bicep curls and pulled my side a little.

4. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Ignore above, im going to put a new intro to it and im going to elborate on my typical diet rather than doa haphazard day log as a intro/tester for what i usually do. Will be posting it tommorow sometime if i rememeber, also any good weighing scales that can take 1115+ Kilos? I may also look into getting a fitness band or soemthing so i can do rudimentary tracking of things but mostly time. Advices on cheap but cheerful ones?

5. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

Hi Rataca, good you are going to keep a log! :) One more thing for me to read. I think it is your log, so you can write whatever - exercises, diet, etc.
    You probably don't weight 1115+ kg, right? :D If you mean 115 or something close, I suppose normal weights should do fine. I was looking to get one for myself, too, and if I looked, they were always up to 150 kg, so theer should not b a problem, I hope. :) Anyway, keep logging in!

6. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I think the scales i have in my house, which are cheap things my parent got only go up to 110 Kilos. So i dont know what my weight is to find scales which are rated to my weight. They are on the list anyway. :p

7. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I am putting anything i remmeber being ona rotation for a peroid of time in my diet as its possible it comes back if i have not eaten it for a ehile, i will also list components unless citing a specfic dish like Chow mein.

Breakfast/dinner:
    Eggs (varied cooking usually not fried)
    Bacon
    Potatoes
    Prawns
    Mackeral
    Tuna
    Ceral

Tea:
    Potatoes
    Bacon
    Noodles (whole Grain)
    Rice (whoel grain)
    Pasta (whoelgrain)
    Chicken
    Fish (few types, liek Salmon and Cod main ones)
    My prefered vegtable is brocili as well.

Lack of better words, i kind of fidget using my mouth so end up eating a lot of tic taks or mints, or drinking a lot of water but its suaully pop as i rpefer the taste. thats the most unhealthy thing i usually do each day.

I am looking into adding protein suppliments and that whey meal suppliment into my diet and smoothies.

My planned exercise today is my usual warm up and then just punching/kicking the heavy bag i have.

8. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Goals and baseline to i know.

Weight: 115kilos aprox (perhaps more)

Goal: 75-95 Kilos stable.

Goal for grading in TKD: Red belt (just optimism to keep track of it, could stop before)

General fitness improvmenets for the ability to do more pushups situps etc. Baseline is negative push ups and around 10-20 situps.

Below will eb exercise and diet as best as i can do it today.

9. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

1 hour TKD
    around 2 miles walking there and back

Diet:

Brekfast: rice pot from uncle bens
    snacks about a packet of mints and 1.5 liters of full sugar pop

Dinner (pre exercise)
    Microwable rice from uncle bens (mexican, tescos didnt have the whole grain version)

Post exercise:
    500ml bottle diet coke
    500ml of water
    Classic Beef pepperami

As best as i can do it, didnt keep a precise track of my diet today.

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

It's good to keep a log and track progress, it will also help highlight where you can make simple improvements :)

If I may make a few suggestions?

Make your own food rather than buying ready made. The ready made stuff usually has a ton of stuff in it to make it last on the shelf, make it ready in 5 minutes instead of 7, and then extra sugar and fat to trick your body into liking it. If you have a freezer, make your own and freeze. So tonight I made chilli and rice for my kids, but made 5 extra portions at the same time. Mrs Mitch now has those along with other meals in the freezer to select from for her dinner at work.

Even if you don't have a freezer, making your own porridge, rice or whatever will always be better, and you should be able to keep it a day or two.

I'd also look at your diet with a view to getting the right nutrition. It doesn't sound too good at the moment, so maybe use an app to get some help on that? www.cronometer.com or similar might help.

Finally, we all have a weakness, sounds like yours is pop? If you're exercising and looking to lose weight then drinking a lot of water is your friend. Aim for a 3/4 litres a day minimum.

As for your exercise goals, why not base them around a TKD grading? If you did a basic warm up every day (I can happily suggest things that will help and tailor them specifically for you) and then do what will be required in your first grading, you will lose weight, get generally fitter, but also get specifically fitter for your TKD progression. Just ask if I can help :)

Mitch

Mushroom and SCA like this.
  11. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Cooking is a issue which needs to be worked on, the rice before was probbly the healthiest thing and quickiest thing to have at the time with the only prep being the night before. Two people can cook in my house, one cant do boiling rice and wotn/cant do the soups etc. The other doesnt get home until a hour before the lesson, eating too much is also a issue in terms of exercise (relative to time going form finished eating). I dont know of any recipe they would want to/can make / would make enough of to be used the next day or something. Im getting fed up of my baseline diet of Chicken, Fish Nice, Noodles and Pasta (pasta has just appeared again) its all whole grain. I have foudn some recipes off the NHS website i want to try and i was looking into just having a smoothie on exercise night. Two meals a day rather than 3 usually, my sleep pattern is pretty odd. I also dont like cooking in the enviroment and have onyl cooked bacon, so not best place to learn if i dont like the enviroment. I would want to be left to my own devices (wont happen) Is basically two people who cook tewo diffrent things who have two diffrent willingness. I will however bring up what i said earier yabout if i exercise they have to assist with the dietary things. I dont like a lot of fruit either. I dont really have any recipes past Baked Chicken plus one of the pre noted things with some seasoning on the chicken. As Brief i can make it without taking a hour to write, if you have any simple recipes to share or sites for simple and healthy ones that would be appreciated. (also looking on the website linked) I do have a fridge and Freezer, i dont generally get involved in cooking matters and storage matters in said areas. Various reasons.

As a comprimise i try to get no sugar pop. Its more for the purposes i drink (not always thirst related) i prefer drinking pop. I did basically drink water for like a month or two and cut it out then i got sick several months ago and the result hasnt changed, stopped exercising and started drinking that. Flavoured water or carbinated which is sugar free is ahrd to come across. Same applies for the mints, i cant eat that many sweets due to tooth problems and i don't generally enjoy eating them because of that. I will leave it at, its more difficult to deal with because its probbly gettign addicted to Sugar plus other things.

You can suggest some things to help, i cannot do pushups though. (weight to strength ratio, and same reason why i cant on my knees that easily it really hurts after a while. XP)

12. Mitch

I would look to make yourself a routine.

Personally, I would go for 3 meals a day, but look to eat well before or after training. I like my main meal in the middle of the day.

Get a variety of veg. A stir fry is the simplest way of doing this. Chop up spring onions, maybe some ginger and garlic, cook for a minute or two, add thinly sliced veg (broccoli, carrot, pepper, green cabbage, white cabbage, kale, leeks or whatever), add soy sauce and whatever protein source you want to use (cashew nuts, prawns, fish, quorn, tofu, chicken, meat, whatever) and make sure it's all cooked through. Yummy and good for you :)

Micth

13. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

sourcing things can be a issue. I might have Chicken stir fry sometime this week then. (im also picky on some foods as you may ahve gathered. :p)

14. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I agree with Mitch. Try not to live off of pre-coocked meals. It is not about if you like the environment you can use for cooking, but if you like yourself enough to get your body something heatly. I live alone now. My mom never wanted to see me in a kitchen and never taught me to cook anything, just a little only after I've left. If you look for healthy and easy recipes, you can put precisely that in a google search. There is a tonne of recipes everywhere, I tried many that way! :) Also to save money and time since I only cook for myself (and don't get any lunches at work for example), I usually prepare 4 to 5 portions at a time and I have almost a week worth of lunches :D A lot of foods can last like that in a refrigerator. Never had a problem with that, though many people don't like doing that. If you don't, refrigerator is your friend. And experimenting with your own recipes and stuff can be fun :) If you live with two people, you can take turns in cooking a meal for all the others, lets say every other day, for example :) I believe eating mostly meals you prepare in oyur microwave can't even be fun anymore as I suppose there is not that much variety...

But keep up with writing the log! And good job with the walk. I think walks are a great thing you can do at the moment.

15. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Have you tried the supermarket? They've got loads of food. If you live with your parents try asking them to buy it in.

Get an old 2ltr Coke zero bottle fill it up with water and drink it through the day.
    Refill it for the evening.

Weak wrists can be strengthened. Strength can be increased. You just have to train them.

16. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

28/9/17

14:00 aprox brekfast
    scrambled eggs.

Spaced out until now, one-two packets of mints, 1 liter of full sugar pop and 1 liter of water.
    And some orange juice, no exact mesurement for that.

Dinner 19:00 fast food. Could resist

Water will be drank and perhaps mints consumed until i go to sleep.

Need to do some experimentation to narrow down something, note to myself.

No exervcise today either.

17. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

29/09/17

500ml Monster aboslute zero when i woke up (cant recallw ehnor when i ahd breakfast)

Fresh prawns from a fish monger

Water mostrly all day when i drank, aprox 1 liter until now

had about 1 liter of pop after /during my tea.
    Mix between Pizza, pancake roles ribs etc. for my tea (didn't overly have a choice and wasnt me asking for it, so excuses. :p)

i plan to only have Water and perhaps milk or orange juice for the rest of the day.

I have had around 1-2 packets fo mints spaced out across the day as well. One more packet may be consumed betweenn now and going to sleep.

No exercise.

18. Mitch

Do you have a smartphone?

19. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

I dont use said phone often.

Edit: Just remmebered you linked me a diet thing. :p

20. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Translation :

Yes.