The Rant Column!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Andy Murray, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Right.
    NEVER work for your parents. EVER. Nothing you ever do in the whole world will ever be good enough for those bloody people, you won't get payed and your life will be a living, constantly supervised hell.
    GAH!
    The worst part is, I swore I would never do this. I swore, before almighty god, that I would never again get involved in one of the old man's bloody schemes and...
    GAH GAH GAH!
    "Right, that's sorted then. You do all the work, I'll take all the credit and your mother can have the money. Cool?"
    Git.
    GAAAAAHHH!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  2. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

well... at least it takes a lot to get fired? [​IMG]

3. Knight_Errant

Pretty much. The tantrums I've thrown with them I would never get away with anywhere else, but god dammit I have my reasons! Mind you, this is even worse- this is one of the old lady's bloody schemes. Anyone have a boss that constantly asassinates their character, beats them down and supervises them every second? That person has NOTHING on your mother. This SUCKS!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  4. Bigmikey

I have no doubt. There isnt another human being on this planet that could stop on my buttons as well as my father could - God rest his soul. There were times when that man would quite literally leave me in a sputtering, mind shattering rage and think nothing of it. My only advice to you is drink more.... much MUCH more!

5. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Only to realized that I had a bread roll that was moldy...after I had eaten most of it....:woo::confused::mad::bang:

6. Knight_Errant

I have been, don't worry about that. Now I'm off to make friends with the cows- again. I wish I could join the army.

7. Bigmikey

Why can't you?

8. Knight_Errant

psychiatric issues- asperger's syndrome & paranoid psychosis. The autism might be a shoo-in, but psychosis, it seems, is a big no-no.

9. Bigmikey

Aahh... so in other words you're destined to be an officer. sorry mate, tough deal. Well, theres always the local militia, lol!

10. Knight_Errant

well, I'm thinking of the TA. I'm actually going to go into the recruitment centre and ask soon- there's a whopping great training bounty that I could really use. The cruddy thing is that if I'd joined at 16 when I wanted to, who knows, the breakdown might never have happened.

11. Bigmikey

oooo, thinking like that'll drive you bonkers. The shoulda. woulda, coulda's are dangerous.

forgive me but what are/is the "TA"?

12. Knight_Errant

Territorial army- like a British version of the national guard, except they get deployed abroad. They're volunteer soldiers. Mind you, I was in a bad way when I broke down- I was white as a ghost with red eyes, hiding in a corner in a kitchen with a knife in my hands. Not good.

13. Bigmikey

AAAHHH. Got it. Well, even the national guard and reserves here follow pretty strict inlistment standards, volunteers or not. Hopefully it will work out for you!!!

14. Knight_Errant

well, we'll see. The worst they can say is 'hell bloody no'.

15. Bigmikey

Not to make light of this in anyway but I've been in that neighborhood before and no, its not good at all. But it gives one a very unique perspective on things evermore there after, doesnt it?

16. Bigmikey

Damn straight! Good attitude man! After I win the lottery here, buy my island and cessede from the U.S. I'll hire you on as one of my goons - I MEAN GUARDS, one of my guards, to protect the national safety of the Republic of BigMikeyastan.

You in?

17. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Thanks very much for caring. I appreciate it, and I assure you I was just spitting hyperbole. I wouldn't actually take that crap, if only because I really really don't want Carina Damm's facial features.

Range of motion is okay. I can't quite bend that arm up behind me at crazy angles like I used to, but normal functions are fine. Only difference I notice is that if I let my scapula go out, it hurts to lift something heavy with that arm, if I use my serratus anterior to keep the scapula close against my back, I'm fine. Well, I'm fine unless I try to lift a 60kg+ dude, lol.

Haven't gotten physical therapy. Since I can move around and get through the day ok, it didn't seem necessary.

18. Bigmikey

I'd get to a doc. The part that worries me is how aware you are that you have to use other muscles to help stabilize and yet still cant lift well. Better to be safe and have wasted a little time than blow it off and spend two months post surgery slapping yourself in the forehead for not going to the doctor in the first place, lol.

funny thing about joints like the shoulder. They are real troopers, I gotta tell you. They seem well enough until they finally go "OK! ENOUGH!" and give out all together. That sound you described? I've heard it *shudders*... like I said, take the time and get it looked at. Its not worth the risk.

*climbs down off soap box*

19. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

bad idea

go rehab your shoulder ASAP. particularly if it's recently failed again.

20. Knight_Errant

Hell YES :)
    yyyy.... sort of. I still wish it hadn't happened though.