The PR thread!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by CosmicFish, Jun 20, 2007.

1. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

Thanks, hopefuly I'll get some good pointers on polishing up my form from this.

You know what the sad part is though... Theres people out there warm up and rep out with that kinda weight on the bench. :woo:

I'll go ahead and buy a USB cable at BestBuy tommorow and then film my next strength session on tuesday.

2. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

And they're all small Chinese women, so I've heard. :D

3. SickDevildog

SickDevildog Lost In The Sauce

No, no, no see, the little Chinese woman are the ones overhead pressing that weight. :p

4. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

Some new records, ...powercleaned 150lbs for 5 solid reps (its a newish movement to me) and...... I QUIT SMOKING!! HAH, its been just over a week and my lungs feel freaking incredible!

5. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Nice going with the smoking, did you get the whole lung cramps and coughing thing?

6. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

signifigant prs.

bench max - 225.
    Best to date mile time - 4:48

Dont mock my bench im a little guy :cry:
    5'7 160

7. CosmicFish

Tekken, that's a damn good bench with your stats. No mocking here. Well done! :)

8. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

no, acctually, only symptoms I had were hot flashes and anxiety/loss of sleep. But Im over the worst now, and cravings are going away. 155lbs powerclean x 5 now haha

9. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

My pecs. Nuff' said. :cool: :p

10. bwhite55

bwhite55 Valued Member

as of me graduating high school back in '04 when i quit lifting.
    6'1", 195 lbs, 1.5 years lifting, 1 yr semi serious, half a year very serious.

clean-205
    benchpress-260
    military press-195
    curl-135 on straight bar
    deadlift-only did 315 because i didn't wanna hurt my back and wasn't sure about proper form then, but the 315 was very easy
    leg press-was working out w/ around 350-400 3 x 10. i never maxed with this.
    squat-didn't do heavy squats cuz i never had a spotter for it, so i did 3x10 w/ 135-155.

those are pretty sissy weights, i know, but being at 230 when i started halfway through my junior year and graduating at 40 lbs less and puttin up my bodyweight in military was a good accomplishmant imo. i blew my knee out about 2 years ago and quit training, i'm back into it now and after 3 weeks, i've gotten alot back in my bencpress and look to be @ 300 now that i know alot more about training and stuff. i plan on being back down to around 200 weight soon, i'm @ 240 right now. i'll post it in about 3 months after i go through some stuff.

11. Fenrir

Fenrir New Member

330lb deadlift for 4 reps, just short of 5 (my target) but it is still a hooooooooge PR.

12. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Bench Press - 120Kg / 264lbs
    ATG Squat - 145Kg / 319lbs
    Deadlift - 190Kg / 418lbs

Total - 455Kg or...

1001lbs! it's official, I'm a powerlifter now :D

13. CosmicFish

Lower back still shaky, so no new PBs for squat or deadlift. :( However, I did put up a 130kg bench this evening. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9z2NL3DKts"]130kg bench 13 Aug 08 - YouTube[/ame]

14. i11umin8ted

i11umin8ted Valued Member

6'1" 235lbs, 19%bf (working on it)
    OHP - 5x135
    Zercher squat 5x220
    Deadlift 5x335
    Clean: 1x185
    Bench: Using dumbells right now, and ran out of weight at 70lbs for reps. I'm fairly certain that I could do more. I need to invest in a good bench and cage. All lifts are no gear and no chalk.

15. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

kroc row with a 40kg DB for 15 reps. :)

Thats the biggest they have at my sissy gym so Im having to shoot for reps. Hell of a shock to my system since I'd never normaly do more than 5 or 6 reps.