The Nice Goth Thread?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by David, Dec 16, 2005.

1. David

David Mostly AFK, these days

Ta-da! :D

I'd like to say they all bring back memories but... I still listen to all that stuff when I'm driving. My car has a tape player and I have a lot of tapes I made 15-19 years ago. Never heard of Grave, though... And Death in June - I don't know if I've got any of that... It's been more than a decade since I heard them; must dig through my old tapes to see. They rock.

March Violets, anyone?
    [​IMG]

Or how about the weirdness that is http://www.diamandagalas.com/

The Swans, especially the Children of God and Jarboe's voice which sends shivers down my spine.

Got my earliest goth photo attached here (aged 18, I think). An arty friend (not a goth) needed an idiot to sit for a photography project. It's in pretty bad condition. Don't think I was using much make-up then, though there is chipped nail varnish on there. Damn I miss wearing make-up haha.

Rgds,
    David

Attached Files:

2. David

I went through a goth industrial phase with Nitzer Ebb, Kraftwerk, NiN, Coil, Throbbing Gristle and many, many others. I have still got several unlistenable tapes of industrial music made for me by a couple of German girls. I can't believe I used to like that... must have been a chemical thing. Dear oh dear. Still, it kept me slim.

Why has Ace of Bass (Base?) started going through my head right now?

Rgds,
    David

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

You goths are such bright, happy, cheerful fellows! :D

4. David

I was happy within myself; I just thought a lot and thought the world sucked.

:D

5. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Ive always preffered the ska/punk stuff to the goth stuff because it's just so much more cheerfull, in fact I think it has ton be about one of the happiest scenes there is these days.

6. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

Seconded. :)

7. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Goths have always interested me. Never have I seen so many people work so hard to be different, just so they can fit in. Once upon a time I was a regular at the weekly showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show, then the dark times came.

Anyhoo, Just wanted to say hi to all the goths here on MAP.

8. fugepilot

fugepilot New Member

Like your style Nordic. :) Had a few, but I'm better now. :D

9. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

I'd like to follow Nordic's example and greet all goths on MAP...

10. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

I have a style! :eek: My oh my looky there! :D

11. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

Get. Out. Of. This. Thread.

12. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

LOL, did that touch a nerve slightly there raisen? :D

13. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Yes - only thing that spoils it is the odd bonehead skin who hasn't worked out that it is decended from Jamaican music and listens to it wearing racist patches on his bomber jacket. They remind me of a breed of Japanese dog Tosas.
    [​IMG]

14. David

Ska? That's UB40 isn't it?

j/k

15. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I think everyone should live whatever life they choose.

Actually I think the sucks now, not just when I was younger. I admire people who are always happy. I've never been one of them.