The Next Mayweather?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by slipthejab, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

This will be my first fight! Don't have to drop any weight now because we told the guy no to the 187 and he had a guy at the 201-215 weight class to fight now so it's still on. Hopefully we can film it, but it's not at the top of the priority list. As far as giving the other guy an edge by asking me to drop that weight, I don't think it was like that. The promoter dude is just trying to match fighters with experience I think (the 187 had no fights either). The guy I am going to be fighting is 4-1 though, but it's Novice Amateur so I don't think I'll be drastically out classed or anything. We'll see though, I'm looking forward to it.

2. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

Give him a tricky left jab, left uppercut, left hook and then straight right... they're never ready for that one :)

3. Saved_in_Blood

Good luck with the fight by the way man... i'll pray for you.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Maybe in another year or two. The hand speed required for that is phenomenal :p. I know this is the Mayweather thread, but I'm not Maywether!

5. Saved_in_Blood

I saw Berto do it.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  6. puma

puma Valued Member

Yeah, I'm not yet convinced by Broner. I think his next bout will be very interesting.

7. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Woah, first fight really? For some reason I always thought you had a few fights in already. In that case, that's pretty awesome man. One of my good friends from my old boxing gym was a big guy as well. About 6'3 and 235 or so lbs, mostly muscle. He fought a guy who was also around 187 lbs coincidentally and he (my friend) lost. He told me he took the guy too lightly until he realized how quick he was. Not taking into account what kind of preparation's you've made and how hard you've trained, but hopefully that's of some help to you. Best of luck man, keep us posted.

8. Saved_in_Blood

I don't want to post the link because it's got a lot of bad stuff in it, but have you seen Broner and Paulie's first press conference? If you haven't it is HILARIOUS!!! Look it up.

9. Saved_in_Blood

Broner seriously failed to impress me last night against Paulie. He is NO WHERE NEAR Floyd Mayweather and never will be. I'll be honest... I don't like the kid. He's a Floyd wannbe and he's not even that good at it. I won't say anything else because I don't know if anyone watched the fight, but you should check it out.

10. puma

puma Valued Member

On the face of it, jumping up 2 weights and winning a title is some achievement. Then on the other hand, being built up like Broner has as some kind of mega star, you'd probably expect him to have dealt with this fight a bit easier. Mayweather is special, so for people to put him in that class is expecting too much. If people are expecting him to be the next Mayweather then he will always disappoint. It's like building a footballer up to be as good as Messi - it ain't gonna happen.

If I was Amir Khan I'd be busting a gut to fight Broner. I'm not a Khan fan at all, but I think he would destroy Broner, as long as he doesn't get caught of course.

11. Saved_in_Blood

I don't know if Khan can beat him, as he didn't look to hot in his last fight. However, a harder puncher might put Broner down. If they aren't careful in matching him, he'll be KO'd before he gets his first PPV.

12. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

I think there is a much greater talent than Broner.

Errol Spence Jr.

This kid is going far. I love Canelo to death, but I think Errol Spence Jr. is going to become a greater boxer than Canelo.

And check this, Errol Spence Jr. is humble!!! Keep your eye on this guy, seriously.

13. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IaJtiuXOz4"]Errol Spence Jr K.O. 3yrs ago - YouTube[/ame]

This is an amateur video of his. Look at his power, it's pretty shocking. The right hook that finishes the fight is monstrous.

He reminds me of a southpaw Roy Jones Jr. with less speed but heavier hands.

14. Saved_in_Blood

After Golovkin's performance last night, he may also be the next star. I hope he fights chafatz jr. Even though Sergio beat the breaks off of him, Sergio is getting older and his very active lifestyle is catching up to him with knee issues and other things from what I had heard.

15. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

There's a rumor that Errol Spence Jr. knocked Adrien Broner out during a sparring session at the Mayweather gym.

I hope it's true for several reasons.

16. puma

puma Valued Member

I hadn't heard that. I haven't seen much of Errol Spence. Take it he is good?

17. oosh

oosh Valued Member

Really like Spence as well, great footwork and head movement. Plus, like you say, humble kid!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREZXPbJz4E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREZXPbJz4E[/ame]

18. Zinowor

Zinowor Moved on

It appears to be a false rumor after listening to some more interviews. Not that it matters, because the fact is that Errol Spence is an awesome prospect and I can't wait to see him take the big stage.