The New XBox 360

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BoxBabaX, May 13, 2005.

1. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

There was no lack of wireless controllers; but there were a lack of official controllers.

The point I was making is that its about time they were supplied along "with" the console as standard; rather than having to purchase them from a 3rd party company.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  2. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

coming standard and "out of the box" is the key here.

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

damn, u jacked what i was gonna say lol :D

4. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

yep, he saw the "sony" tag next to it :D j/k tekken, i'm looking forward to hearing more about the PS3 myself at E3, even if i'm not sure i'll be getting either PS3 or 360 as i'll be at uni without a TV next year.

5. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

"Sony" = QUALITY!!!! thats all i need to know. haha. the fact that the release title are looking MUCH more promising than 360s. they are all highly anticipated.
    FF VII remake. MGS4. Tekken Tag 2. Budokai 4 and a few others i won't give away just yet. you're going to E3? lucky *******. why no TV?

6. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

no i'm not going to E3, if only! I just meant i'm interested to hear what is revealed there, it'll be all over the net within a couple of hours of it happening for me to see. Where did you hear about the FF7 remake? i would definitely buy a PS3 if that was confirmed and not done by EA :)

*edit* no TV cos i would have to pay a TV license and i don't think it'll be worth it, i'm sure someone else will have a TV i can go and watch if i really get bored.

Last edited: May 15, 2005
  7. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

dude you dont need a TV liscense to play video games. i took my TV to university and as long as you dont use it with an aerial you are ok and dont need to buy one.

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

FF 7 advent children the movie is coming out and the Remake a few weeks after. trust me. my uncle works for sony.

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

If they put a big Sony sign on the xbox you would be slobbering at it this very second. And you call people who like Nintendo "fanboys"! :rolleyes:

10. Sever

Sever Valued Member

What FF7 remake? The only FF7 related game coming out on the PS2 is "Dirge of Cerberus" - a separate game based around Vincent. It looks very cool, but it's not a remake

Last edited: May 16, 2005
  11. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Adam, i say nintendo fanboys because the only people who still care for them are usually the adamant fanboys. the 360 just dosen't seem to offer anything that much diffrent or new aside from better graphics, looks pretty, and the new controllers and having everygame online and in HD even on non HD tvs.

i said the Revolution looks to be VERY promising and that is a great leap foreward in technology.

sever. yes, it is confirmed, a FF7 REMAKE is on its way. along with the movie advant children {which is looking AMAZING} better CG than the FF the spirits within movie, which was garbage. the vincent spin off dosen't look half bad either. but we can all agree that what the fans are really lusting for is a remake and a sequal/prequal. and their getting it.

12. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Got a link? I've found nothing confirming this at all or any mention of one on IGN or Gamespot. A quick Google has just turned up a bunch of message board rumours and petitions begging for it

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

thats becasue your supposed to know about it yet. and nothings been circulated.
    if my uncle wasn't wroking for sony, i would be in the same boat as the rest of the world. Trust me. its coming.

14. geves

geves Valued Member

i thought square offically said there would be no final fantasy 7 remake and that advant children is as far as their going with FF 7.

I for one will not be getting a PS3 just for my deep hatred for sony. the only way i would ever get a PS3 is if they came out with a new street fighter for it and it only or team ninja jumped sides to do games on the PS3.

out side of legacy of kain, megaman, street fighter, team ninja, tenchu, metal gear, and sega. there is zero series that i care about. PS2 may have a huge roster of games but half of them are lame sequels, cuz companies are too scared to do original games.

PS3 may have better grahics, but graphics don't mean anything. i still play my dreamcast and NES more than any current system. plus xbox is having free online service. something you'd never see from a certain company that's $60 billion in debt. (yes you read that right 60 bill, bill gates couldn't even get them out of debt :D )

i'm getting a revolution, xbox and unless what i said above happens. that's it.

oh yeah plus sony doesn't like 2D games so funk them. :woo:

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i hate 2D games. thats why we gaind the 3rd dimension, USE IT!!
    I'm getting all 3 systems. and YES the PS2 online service is free, you pay the $50 for the adaptor and thats it. with the exception of FF XI all the other games are free.

16. rainbows

rainbows New Member

So do games like Viewtiful Joe, Capcom vs SNK, Okami and Ikaruga immediately become useless because they don't use the 3rd dimension? Are all Final Fantasy games before FF7 worthless? And any older games?
    *rolls eyes at Tekkengod*

17. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

Viewtiful joe was good.
    capcom vs SNK was HORRIBLE!!
    and the FF games are all instant classics.

18. geves

geves Valued Member

i agree with everyone of those except 2 & 3. :D

capcom vs. snk is an awesome game. why do you hate 2D fighters so bad good friend?

19. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

ah screw snk, marvel vs capcom ^^ :D

20. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

no it isn't. atleast in my opinion.

i hate 2d fighters so much becasue of a few reasons.

1. the lack of skill is widely apparent, the polygons and so screwed up half the time that there is a extra bit of reach on all the characters that gets dull. when dealing with only 2 dimensions evasive manuvers are all but non existant. come on, that 3rd dimension is there for a reason, use it.

2.They are just so horrifically UGLY. I mean there is no beauty when i watch capcom vs SNK. or vs marvel, when it loads and i see the very obviously paper thin fighters doing super bouncy stances and swaying totally out of que with the motions and movements/attacks they are performing i wanna cry. breathing is non existant as well. but when you play Tekken or SC, the beauty is apparent. watching King rise up from a crouching stance clinching his fists as he snarls and motions the slit your throat signal as his tails sways back and forth and the wind picks up under his jacket as the fresh white flower pedals reflect the moonlight over the level and the camera pans out to reveal a maze of swaying flowers and an ever growing complex background watching the camera switch position swiftly as you land a devestating closeline to the throat that sends the into a back flip so fast the camera actually changes 2 TIMES to display it in all its glory. you have to just revel in the beauty. 2d fighters are UGLY.

3. I have yet to come across a 2d fighter with a decent soundtrack. {TTT has the best soundtrack of any fighting game ever made} music can break a game.

4. the lack of view point, i think one of the reasons they are so ugly is that you only get to view it from one angle, side. thats it, not once will the camera change angle.

5. the super cheap attempts to mystify you with LOADS of super bright pretty colors as if to try and make up for the ugliness of the game.

6. they are just so dull to me. if i cant do a beautiful side step into a knee kick that sets you up for a straight knee to the face. it just loses more points in beauty for me, you know what i mean? the lack of that 3rd dimension just kills it for me. i grew up on Tekken and SC and VF and
    Power Stone. so to revert to the 2d days is a step back. once again, there is a reason 3d fighters are ruling right now. complexity, but thats why alot of people revert to 2d fighters i think, the learning curb isn't nearly as high.

7. none of the 2d fighters are as open ended as the 3d counter parts in terms of mixing and juggling. i've never played a 2der with juggle ability.

i guess my main beefs are . crappy music, close minded gameplay. the lack of a 3rd dimension :D and by GOD ARE THEY UGLY!!!