The Kajukenbo Hui

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by Nuck Chorris, Jan 11, 2008.

1. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

GM Harper would be a really good choice. There are a lot of really good choices though.

How do you know what you wouldn't get anywhere else? What would you get at GM Bunda's, GM Sedeno's, GM Sotelos, GM Forbach's, GM Dacascos or GM Kingi's? What would you get at Prof. Bono's, Prof. Powel's or Prof. Bishop's? You think you've seen so much that you know what it is you're looking at?

Nothing wrong with training with a 5th degree. Not sure you'd be in a position to know why the individual in question wasn't promoted. You have someone in mind with your example?

So you're not looking for an instructor then, but rather someone that will just let you do your own thing. If you think you know what it is that you need to "Truly" move on, then you've put yourself in the instructor spot. As to why you should have to adopt the curriculum of the art that you currently hold rank in, we've had this discussion before.

Glad to hear that you tie your belt around your ass. Man they really don't teach you anything on the East Coast do they?

2. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

Maybe you all can start another thread.

Call it "I think GMs are great to Train under and here's why"

Anything else about the Kaju Hui can go in this thread. The rest...move it along.

3. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

4. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Can you give us a link to this list? Was it done Friday as mentioned?

5. Nuck Chorris

Been busy and got called into work all weekend. I'll see if I can get something slapped together tonight or tomorrow night after classes.

6. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Must be a long list if it's taking this long to get it up.

7. Nuck Chorris

Do you know HTML? Wanna work for free? Besides, I kinda enjoy torturing you. I might wait a little longer just to see you squirm.

8. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

The word "yawn" is more fitting than "squirm".

9. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Fortunately, no one gives a flying fiddlestick what you think DAnjo. The fact you're here sniping about things shows how much you're worried ;)

I don't know what all this talk about 'getting it up' and 'torture' are about but where do I sign up?

10. Nuck Chorris

Oh, I dunno. Of course I care about what Danjo has to say. Obviously, being a first degree he is entitled to echo his instructor's opinion. As far as getting signed up...there is a PM feature on the board ;)

11. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

Where did you train Kajukenbo again?

12. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

I care what you have to say Danjo. :love:

As for Lily, all I can say is she "sexed up" this thread. Of course I hope I'm not out of line with this comment, it is meant as a compliment. :Angel:

13. KempoFist

I second this post, only I mean it as an insult :cool:

14. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Hey KF, can you help me out with this one? There's a whole topic in Bullshido about how people use this argument when 'outsiders' comment on their MA or isues within their MA.

15. Nuck Chorris

Just cause you didn't live in pre-90s South Africa doesn't mean you can't have an educated opinion on apartheid. How's that?

Lily, you can learn Kaju in my long distance learning program ;)

16. KempoFist

I call it the "Ninjer Defense"

17. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Thank you KF and Nuck. I like that you guys don't have to bring people down to make a point or explain things, plus having a sense of humour is great. You'll represent Kaju very well especially to outsiders like myself who know little about it.

18. Nuck Chorris

As an outsider, your opinions and observations are important to the Ohana. Public image is very important to the Kaju folk and we have always worked hard to maintain a high level of credibility among the other arts. When someone comes out of the Ohana attacking others, it doesn't put us in a very good light. I think to view Danjo as an ambassador of the Kajukenbo Ohana would be a mistake.

Despite the rhetoric Danjo puts out on this and other boards, his instructor is really a nice and rather open minded guy in public. My guess is that Dan is working hard to preserve what he feels is important - the purity of the art. In a way, it is funny to me because the art was never pure. It was always changing and it continues to change. There are some that hold on to their little piece and that is fine as long as they don't get too sanctimonious.

One thing that is often talked about on the inside circles is that the Ohana doesn't want what happened to Parker's art for Kaju. Unfortunately, there are few that are actually looking at the symptoms of the problem in the current structure. As much as Danjo wants to resist change out of fear, I think that the more people like him resist the more things will change and turn towards the factionalism that is the EPAK of today.

19. RevIV

RevIV Valued Member

Just putting something on the lines of Nuck Chorris - I do not take Kaju or Ed parker but have worked with teachers in both settings. Ed Parker Jr. made a great point at one of our workouts- "the people are like sand in your hand. the harder you close your fist to control the sand the more sand falls out. If you leave your hand open the sand stays still and comfortable." I may of screwed it up but that was his point.
    Jesse

20. Nuck Chorris

It is a very true statement. There is a Chinese proverb that is similar. "How to catch a catfish using a gourd."