The Jeffkins

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jeffkins, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Jeffkins

Jeffkins Sleuth Diplomacy

Hi

My name is Alex, I am 17 and I train WTF Taekwondo. I live in Melbourne, Australia.

I've been training Taekwondo since I was 9 and am now a 3rd Dan black belt at my club. I am an internationally recognised 3rd Dan and plan to go for my 4th Dan in minimum time when I am 20.
    I instruct at my club and serve as the webmaster for our website, which I designed and created with a little bit of help. I also am a qualified coach and have coached a number of times at competitions.

I enjoy instructing the most, followed by sparring. I joined taekwondo because my older brother did it, and like a lot of 10 year olds thought being able to fight was very cool.

I compete regularly in sparring and poomsae at both state and national levels and once at international level.

My club is a small one and we have 2 branches. I am always looking to improve myself and my club in any way I can. I help design each term's self defence syllabus, as well as contribute to updating our entire syllabus to keep it fresh.

In more general terms about myself; I just finished year 12 and am now bumming around. I am trying to get a renewed start on my fitness and am thinking about getting into another martial art.
    My long term goal is to eventually start my own taekwondo dojang and evolve it into a multi-martial art and fitness studio.

I found MAP while looking for belt images and am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Sorry if this was incredibly long winded, even for an "Introductions" forum.

2. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Hiya, thanks for all the info, much appreciated.

Welcome to MAP. :)