The Hunted - comments on choreography and technique - your thoughts.

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Charles Choi, May 27, 2003.

1. Charles Choi

Charles Choi New Member

Dear members,

In regard to 'The Hunted': what are your thoughts on the Kali choreography and technique filmed(?)

It hasn't yet been released in Australia yet.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.:Angel:

http://www.huntedmovie.com/home.html
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2003
  2. moromoro

moromoro New Member

ive been waiting to see it..

as far as choreography and technique goes
    its probably going to have a lot of unrealistic scenes on it (hey its a movie) but it should be good viewing, man tommy lee jones loves doing those fugitive type movies, the fugitive, US marshalls and now the hunted.

terry

3. grandmaster mat

grandmaster mat wataaaahhh!!

wats it about, i remember a film called the hunted that was about a ghost i think

4. Sweeet

Sweeet Valued Member

I saw it and thought the choreography was top-notch. The fight scenes are quite messy and are about as realistic as possible for a movie. In the first fight scene in the forest, it moves through all the ranges of combat right from kicking distance through the clinch to a knife-grappling situation.

Once again, I thought the fight scenes were fantastic. They're just about the whole point of the movie but I would say it has an interesting overall 'moral' to it and at least a decent plot as well.

5. Airyu

Airyu Valued Member

Hello Charles,

I think you will enjoy the choreography, as both the choreographers, Tom Kier and Rafael Kayanan, are high level Sayoc Kali practitioners. They wanted to make the film fights (and please remember they are just film fights) as realistic as possible.
    Both Tommy Lee Jones and Benacio Del Torro studied and drilled hard to add to the realism in those scenes!

Train Hard it is the Way!

Guro Steve L.

www.Sayoc.com
    www.Bujinkandojo.net

6. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

Just watched this movie last night,

the story was a poor cross between The Fugative & Rambo, but the fight scenes more than mad up for it.

a refreshing change from the matrix style wire stuff that's popular now :D . Both guy's take hit's/cut's, both slip & fall on their asses & both miss !!!!!!!!!!! They deff put the time in & did the training, they didn't seem to use body doubles & made it look gracefull but realistic (for a film) at the same time.

just a pity the story felt a bit rushed :(